• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Serial #?

chavezja03

Oakley Beginner
Texas
I have a pair of Juliets I'm trying to figure out what generation they are. I can't remember when I bought them. The serial number on them is X017745. Anybody have any idea?

I am somewhat puzzled as to how the x metal - ruby juliet (04-116) has an 'initial run' that precedes the 1st generation. Initial means 1st, and the first release of this glass was serial X######, the 'initial run', in effect, would simply be low serials, eg X000001, or X000100. The serial mentioned here is X017745, hardly 'initial' in the seventeen thousands, however with the X it does denote 1st generation. The 2nd generation 04-116 is J######. I realise the o review state "X###### x-metal/ruby juliet initial run", but I think this is no different to other x metals which have more than one generation. The only way an 'initial' generation would precede a 1st gen is is the event of some type of pre release, prototype, unavailable issue, that later became available to the public, but that does not apply here.

Back