1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. chavezja03

chavezja03 Oakley Beginner

I have a pair of Juliets I'm trying to figure out what generation they are. I can't remember when I bought them. The serial number on them is X017745. Anybody have any idea?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

they're x-metal correct? should be initial run. prior to first gen.

3. nalong86

nalong86 Oakley Beginner

4. chavezja03

Yes they are.

5. chavezja03

Does this make them more significant than 1st Gen?

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

not by much. X and J serials are pretty close, trend is that people seem to care about low numbers more. no price difference but its nice to have an X serial.

7. Robert De Marco

Robert De Marco Oakley Beginner

Thanks, that link will help when buying used glasses. Is there any link for penny's?

8. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

if you look through the glasses listed in the link, you'll see that penny is listed there also.

9. Robert De Marco

Robert De Marco Oakley Beginner

Thank you.

10. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

I am somewhat puzzled as to how the x metal - ruby juliet (04-116) has an 'initial run' that precedes the 1st generation. Initial means 1st, and the first release of this glass was serial X######, the 'initial run', in effect, would simply be low serials, eg X000001, or X000100. The serial mentioned here is X017745, hardly 'initial' in the seventeen thousands, however with the X it does denote 1st generation. The 2nd generation 04-116 is J######. I realise the o review state "X###### x-metal/ruby juliet initial run", but I think this is no different to other x metals which have more than one generation. The only way an 'initial' generation would precede a 1st gen is is the event of some type of pre release, prototype, unavailable issue, that later became available to the public, but that does not apply here.