• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Size Compared To Whisker

NMOne

Oakley Enthusiast
Somewhere cold
Ok, so my first ever pair of Oakleys was a pair of Black Whiskers with the Grey lenses in them. Christmas present. Long story short, I replaced the lenses with Black Iridium ones and have been happy ever since. My problem? I want a pair of X-Metal/Ruby Juliets. Bad. Well, let's be honest and call them a starting point for a Juliet collection. My wife is 37 weeks pregnant with our first son and for the last three months we've been getting nothing but baby things for the both of them. After some discussion with the Finance Director (again, my wife), it's agreed that I can earnestly begin looking for a pair of Juliets.

With a caveat - Research. Before I can spend that kind of money on the sunglasses, I need to know about them. Maintenance costs, problems to watch out for, etc. But the big one to address is the fit of the Juliets and the overall size of them. My wife says that if they aren't going to fit right or look retardedly over-sized I shouldn't bother, and as much as it would break my heart I agree. So my question is this -

How does the Juliet compare to the Whisker size-wise? By that I mean in the orbital section. When wearing my Whiskers, the upper orbital sections cross just under my eyebrows. I consider these to be a perfect fitting pair of sunglasses and am wondering where the Juliets compare to them. Dinking around online, I found some temple-to-temple and orbital measurements in millimeters and they seem to be pretty close. I'm looking for some solid info from anyone who has owned both.

(Included is a fairly half-assed pic of myself wearing said Whiskers taken with my crap phone camera)

whisker.png

Hope that helps with a response.

- Xavier

I have several pairs of whiskers and Juliet's. I can do photo comparison for you this evening. Also if you have never tried on or worn Juliet's, its alot different between the two. Also you might want to consider the x squared also.... I will post pix later......

I have to learn to walk before I'm allowed to run face-first into the wall, flailing and screaming. I consider the Juliets to be a 'safe' starter point into the X-Metal world after initially dismissing them altogether (not sure why they clicked with me, but w/e). Pennys are out of range at this point in time and there's no way I could do Romeo 1s. The X-Squared might be too extreme to start with, which is why I'm looking at the Juliets.

The other irritating factor is that I live more than an hour from the Oakley Vault in Park City, UT, and there's no way I've been able to convince my wife to drive up there just to try on a pair of sunglasses. Plus nobody else in the Salt Lake valley has a pair for me to try on.

In for the photo comparison though. Should be insightful.

First off.... Congrats on your first child!!!!! May you have all the best!!!! God Bless you!!!!

As for the Juliets, as long as you take care of them they will last a long time. I have pairs 10 years old, that finally needed a tune up. Its $60.00 shipping is $4.00 (done it last year) The juliets are known to become loose over time but its nothing to worry about. I have a fat head and mine STILL have more then there share of flex without getting loose. Don't leave them on your dash, get a zippered xmetal ballistic case $25.00 and store them in it. Every so often clean your earsocks and nose pads with soap and water. they are easy to remove and out back on. Use a dab and only a dab hand sanitizer on the earstems before putting the earsocks back on.... (makes it easy)

The first pix is my Titanium Whiskers with positive red iridium....

This pix is my Plasma Juliets with ice iridim and Ichiro blue earsocks, nosepads and temple shocks

The last pix is my Carbon Juliets with Emerald Iridium and green unobtainium earsocks, nosepads and temple shocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
It really looks like from the pics that the lenses are roughly the same size, but the orbital surrounds are thicker by a margin. Looks pretty good from my perspective. I know one of my co-workers collects Oakleys and might have a pair of Juliets. If so then I'll be asking to try them on and see how they feel. I just don't want to invest in sunglasses that look really cool, but don't fit to my face aesthetically.

Thanks for posting those.

It really looks like from the pics that the lenses are roughly the same size, but the orbital surrounds are thicker by a margin. Looks pretty good from my perspective. I know one of my co-workers collects Oakleys and might have a pair of Juliets. If so then I'll be asking to try them on and see how they feel. I just don't want to invest in sunglasses that look really cool, but don't fit to my face aesthetically.

Thanks for posting those.

You are correct!!, The orbitals are thicker, and the lenses are almost identical. Try them on and see how you like them..... Enjoy!!!

Latest Posts

Back