• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet straight vs hammerstem fit

I got some Polished Fire Juliets from CarGuy last year...from what I understand, they were mint, so they had never been tuned by anyone...

holy crap - I tried putting them on like I do my Radars and almost permanently dug the ear stems into my temples - effing ouch !!!!!!

then, I started putting them on from the top of my head and sliding the ear stems down onto my temples.....

to this day, I'm still afraid to put them on from the front.....

lol you wuss. Yank her Juliet arms open to embrace you intimately like a man! ;)

Quick solution. ........grab the ends of the stems at the tip.......pull em apart.......go ahead you aint gonna break anything.3 things are going to happen here,the nosebridge rubber will seat,the arms will slightly straighten and the shox will seat deeper.leave em on the dashboard for an hour and try it again if needed.i see alot of arms with heavy arcs introduced in them from people wanting a tight fit as the rubber deteriorates in the nose,they should be fairly straight with a slight both matching arc.i scored a nib x metal juliet and they were stupid tight too,i did the pull apart method and now there wearable all day

Quick solution. ........grab the ends of the stems at the tip.......pull em apart.......go ahead you aint gonna break anything.3 things are going to happen here,the nosebridge rubber will seat,the arms will slightly straighten and the shox will seat deeper.leave em on the dashboard for an hour and try it again if needed.i see alot of arms with heavy arcs introduced in them from people wanting a tight fit as the rubber deteriorates in the nose,they should be fairly straight with a slight both matching arc.i scored a nib x metal juliet and they were stupid tight too,i did the pull apart method and now there wearable all day

Interesting. I was messing around with them, gently articulating the nose bridge, and I did hear one side of it make a sort of a "click", and then it had more articulation.

When you say the "nosebridge rubber will seat", do you mean the rubber that physically sits on your nose, or the rubber inside that provides articulation? I'm assuming it's the latter.

UPDATE:

Still can't get the left side of the nose bridge (left when looking into the glasses like you are going to put them on) to loosen up. I did articulate them a bit, and it looks like a bit of rubber may have started wiggling itself out. I've also noticed some sort of grease or something around the area. I can't tell if someone tried to lube them up or what. I may just send them in to Oakley for a tune up. Any suggestions?

UPDATE:

Still can't get the left side of the nose bridge (left when looking into the glasses like you are going to put them on) to loosen up. I did articulate them a bit, and it looks like a bit of rubber may have started wiggling itself out. I've also noticed some sort of grease or something around the area. I can't tell if someone tried to lube them up or what. I may just send them in to Oakley for a tune up. Any suggestions?
Yes, DONT SEND THEM TO OAKLEY. I'm not sure where you are located but if you are stateside I'd send to X-Man. He carries Linegear rubber if you want a looser fit and more flex. They aren't as tight as his rubber. I, and many others, no longer trust Oakley for tune ups and general Xmetal maintenance. They aren't exactly doing the tune ups every day at this point, check out Oakley Tune Up - UK | Oakley Forum
That was what happened recently at Oakley UK. Go to X-Man's website and email him, he will take better care of you in a fraction of the time for the same price. Just my $ 0.02

Yeah, I am in the States. So if I want Oakley rubbers (earstem, nosepieces, and temple shocks), I should just find them 3rd party and have X-Man tune them up?

Yeah, I am in the States. So if I want Oakley rubbers (earstem, nosepieces, and temple shocks), I should just find them 3rd party and have X-Man tune them up?

Well if u find the rubbers you can probably do it yourself, but for the nosebrige tune up, def send to X-Man. You may not get them back if u send them to Oakley.