• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet straight vs hammerstem fit

Yeah, I am in the States. So if I want Oakley rubbers (earstem, nosepieces, and temple shocks), I should just find them 3rd party and have X-Man tune them up?
Depends on the color man! You can still get OEM Juliet rubber (black) at retail because they still make it (and that's the ONLY thing Oakley still makes for the original xmetals). T shocks aren't included in those kits ( we have no idea why would have been very helpful). X-Man carries linegear rubber as well if you want it. It's more expensive than the OEM stuff if you just want black but it comes with everything including replacement orbital gaskets. Also comes in different colors, some of which X-Man has. Send him an email through his website, he will help you out and hook you up with a good tune up and replacement rubber if you want to buy that from him. Replacement linegear rubber is like $28 off their website but has to be shipped from Japan. It's good stuff and I have several different sets in different colors on my glasses. Check out their website! Their stuff usually takes a couple weeks to get here. Of course OEM rubber is still around too (not complete kits to replace ALL the rubber) but its fairly easy to find.

T shocks aren't included in those kits ( we have no idea why would have been very helpful).

Because the OEM replacement kits were designed to only contain the rubber parts that come in contact with the body and thus are subject to deterioration from absorbed sweat and body oils. T-shox don't contact the body in normal use.

But yes, it would have been nice if they were included...