• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Juliet T-6 Stem(temple) Screws

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Hi everyone, I kind of need some screws that hold the ear stems of the Juliet in place (which is a different size compared to the ones that hold the lenses in place). I'm starting to feel like the ones on mine are slipping and I'd like to be able to replace them now than have to wait until the problem worsens.

If you have extra ones lying around, and feel that you won't be needing them after all, you can convert them to cash again and help out a fellow member at the same time. Please feel free to PM me.

Thanks for looking guys. :)

Some people reacted to this post.
if you sweet-talk oakley customer service on the warranty and repairs hotline, SOMETIMES they send it out to you. havent managed to recently but I did get some in the past

Linegear!

Username Hidden said:
Linegear!
$6.00 each! :eek:
When you take a pair into warranty for a tune-up if you strip the frames of rubber and orbital screws you get back a pair with those installed.
I wonder if you took the stems off, would you get back a pair with fresh stem washers and temple screws?

Yea, not cheap but it's an option! Interesting thought regarding sending them in to be serviced without screws. My suggestion would be to call oakley service and repair, they are very pleasant to deal with. Like brip said if you get the right person on the right day you may even be able to talk them into just sending the screws to you, but that may be a long shot. At the very least ask the rep you speak with if you sent in a Juliet without screws if they would replace them. My guess is yes, but they likely would up charge you. I suppose they could just service it and send it back as is, but if they replace the washers I don't see why they wouldn't replace screws, I'm sure they have piles laying around somewhere. Good luck and let us know how you make out!

I'm about to find out the answer to that very question. Within a week or two I should be getting two Js and an XX back from a tune up at Oakley Canada that I sent in without the orbital screws. I included a polite note in the box asking that if possible they could include some screws when they sent my pairs back. I should have sent them in without stem screws also I now realize. Anyway, we'll see about the other screws soon.
If anyone is wondering how I managed to get O Canada to agree to tuning up my XXs it was just through plain old fashion begging and pleading and agreeing to assuming any risk on my part if anything breaks during the tune up followed by more begging and pleading.
It was pitiful, degrading and totally pathetic how much I sniveled but...it worked ! ;)
:)

Username Hidden said:
If anyone is wondering how I managed to get O Canada to agree to tuning up my XXs it was just through plain old fashion begging and pleading
Yes they will if you find a weak link but I believe that the major reason that they tell folks that they won't tune-up XX's is because a tune-up includes new rubbers and those aren't available anymore- just like Pennys.
So rather than explain all of that it's easier for a CSR to say "We don't do that".
Another consideration is that a pair taken out of service by a consumer may result in the sale of one of their newer, awesome plastic frames made in... where are they made anyway? :)

Someone please test the system and send in a pair with arms removed!

Im trying to get daisuki to sell me 100 pcs of the screw.....not looking good

Username Hidden said:
Im trying to get daisuki to sell me 100 pcs of the screw.....not looking good
Ask him where my order from Jan 13th is!

Back