• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Ti02 question

Lakluster

Oakley Expert
NC
This is my first pair I've bought, so I'm sorry if this is asked all the time but I could use some experienced opinions!

Bought this pair and they were labeled as Juliet Ti02 titanium 4th gen. From what I understand 4th gen juliets do not have any serial printed on the frame; these do not have anything on the inside frame. Following the guides on here, as far as I can tell they are legit? Is the box/coin combo correct as well?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

8VFhvvQ.jpg
6ApAb2m.jpg
hrBsISF.jpg
wi6QcPN.jpg
O9ik7w6.jpg

Def. legit frame. With that box and lenses maybe someone had the X-Man make the Plasma frame into Ti02.

What is the date on the label? (piece on bottom not shown in pic)

I wager that is a Plasma Fire pair as be the box with refinished nose and arms. So a TiO2 finish but not an original TiO2.

Def. legit frame. With that box and lenses maybe someone had the X-Man make the Plasma frame into Ti02.

What is the date on the label? (piece on bottom not shown in pic)

Bottom part is partially ripped
UVl7xCo.jpg

A custom makes more sense. I wasn't really aware of that possibility but it was listed as TiO2 custom. Continually proving my noobishness here.

I appreciate the help and observations. I really liked this pair and jumped on it after going through the guides, but this makes me feel even better. I have a feeling this is going to lead to an expensive hobby as well :)

the look of the finish on the rivets and xmetal are just like the pair i have that Xman refinished. i have no idea what my pair started out as though as i it was sent to Xman by a previous owner.

Bottom part is partially ripped
May or may not be a coincidence... High probability of the former - not so much the latter.

Bought them off ebay.
Caveat emptor ;)

Could be a legit 4th gen but :
a) The frame looks way too clean (for something that has been modified - if only the lenses)
b) The pic from the rear shows very dark backs to the nose pins - is that just the lighting in the picture?

? - Is the nose firm, is it VERY firm? I ask as if it is it has likely been tuned up, and by extension likely blasted/refinished as it is difficult to keep the nose that clean after a tune-up.

Regarding the box - It either the box matches or it does not. In this case it does not. Without a verifiable Ti02 to compare yours to it is difficult to say for sure if the finish is legit, but unfortunately the likelihood is that this is a blasted/refinished frame that may or may have been paired with a Juliet box, that may have had a label intentionally ripped off. I mean think about it - that is not usually the part of the label that rips. Also look at the pattern of the rip - that looks intentional.

May or may not be a coincidence... High probability of the former - not so much the latter.

Caveat emptor ;)

Could be a legit 4th gen but :
a) The frame looks way too clean (for something that has been modified - if only the lenses)
b) The pic from the rear shows very dark backs to the nose pins - is that just the lighting in the picture?

? - Is the nose firm, is it VERY firm? I ask as if it is it has likely been tuned up, and by extension likely blasted/refinished as it is difficult to keep the nose that clean after a tune-up.

Regarding the box - It either the box matches or it does not. In this case it does not. Without a verifiable Ti02 to compare yours to it is difficult to say for sure if the finish is legit, but unfortunately the likelihood is that this is a blasted/refinished frame that may or may have been paired with a Juliet box, that may have had a label intentionally ripped off. I mean think about it - that is not usually the part of the label that rips. Also look at the pattern of the rip - that looks intentional.

The nose is very tight, and makes sense to me now. I didn't know much about XMan/customs coming into this, but it does list that it has been tightened by him.

The original ebay link is Oakley x Metal Juliet TiO2 Titanium x Metal Custom No XX Romeo Penny Xsquared | eBay . Given what I have discovered here, it wouldn't surprise me if I paid on the very high end for it. But as mentioned before, I really liked it so I so went ahead and got it :). I was just more curious now to make sure it is a legit Juliet because there were some things that I couldn't add together, custom job is fine as I enjoyed the look to begin with.

Latest Posts

Back