1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. gusbus696

gusbus696 Oakley Beginner

I have 2 Oakley Juliets one plasma and one x metal and I was wondering if switching earstems and possibly the nosebridge (if I could find a way to do it without scratching or messing either of them up) could make one of them look like a TiO2 frame and the other a negative version? Would the colors be correct or would it look quite different? Also I'm gonna be sending them to Oakley for tune ups. Would it be possible for them to switch them for me? Btw I'm new on the forum, but I've read through the x metal section quite a bit. Thanks

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. jaopae

jaopae Oakley Beginner

I would say they don't look the same and I don't think Oakley will switch them for you. Here are some pics.

Juliet- TiO2 & Negative TiO2? - TiO2.png
    Juliet- TiO2 & Negative TiO2? - -TiO2_1.png
    Juliet- TiO2 & Negative TiO2? - -TiO2_2.png

Attached Files:

3. gusbus696

What are the colors on the TiO2? It would look pretty close to it wouldn't it?

4. jaopae

jaopae Oakley Beginner

If I remember correctly, they are Titanium and X Metal. Personally, I'd say they don't look pretty close to each other. Just my 2 cents.

5. gusbus696

Alright. Thanks for answering my questions. :smile:

6. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

What I have heard is that HQ Customer Service will not re-assemble glasses to make custom pairs like this....now maybe it depends on who you get at CS but I was told by a very close OF member who frequents HQ CS quite often......

7. Exr29070

Exr29070 Oakley Beginner

I have a pair of frankenTiO2's like that, dude that sold em to me said he walked into HQ and they did the swap for him. They look ok I guess but not like the real thing and they left the xmetal rivets in the nose bridge so there's no contrast in color there. Only bought em cause they were $100 and I didn't want to blow $600 on the real thing.

8. gusbus696

Can you post a pic so I can have an idea of how it'll look?

9. gusbus696

I'm thinking about either combining them or keeping them separated and get rubys for my x metals and ice for my plasmas.

10. Exr29070

Exr29070 Oakley Beginner

Pics later when I get home don't have them with me. I had VR28 polarized and Titanium iridium in them. Looks sweet.