• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet TiO2 Questions

Soap

Oakley Beginner
Israel
Hey guys,

I just got off the phone with a guy who described a juliet frame he has as a TiO2 frame with the VR28 black iridium lenses.
He says the serial is XT040875A - is that a right match for the TiO2 production as far as you know?
About the price, it's about 250 $, but the lenses aren't in top condition ( they do have some scraches but he says it does not impair vision ), the frame is in top shape, the coupler is just fine.
Oh,there aren't nose bombs - for some reason...
All in all, would you think it's a good buy or a Pass?

thx in advance.

** Edited : Those aren't VR28 lenses, i thought they were coz the seller described the item as a Juliet TiO2 **

If the Serial is an XT, then its not a Juliet. XT designates an XX TIO2....this not uncommon...people who don't know Oakley's very well mistake XX frames for Juliets. With that said what I find odd is that he says they have VR28 lenses. VR28 lenses WERE the stock lens for the JULIET TIO2 but if it was a Juliet it should begin with a JT serial.

Either way that's a steal of a deal and I'd grab it. Lenses for either the XX or Juliet can still be had for retail or below. Only issue I can see is that if it IS an XX, the nosepieces are unique to that model and I'm not sure if Oakley is still selling them through Customer Care anymore or not.

Man do i feel dumb...
I kinda accepted the fact that there's no way i'll get th XXs that when i saw this pic
i saw a TiO2 juliet instead... that's the pic he posted BTW, and in the description it says Juliet carbon\black iridium.
After i read what you wrote about the serial i looked again, and the longer orbitals of the XX were there, i should be ashamed for not picking that up :D
aight, that said , are the XX nose bombs different to those of the Juliet and if so are the obtainable ( fit for other still running models? ).
I'll prolly have to get new lenses but i guess i can live with that if it's indeed the TiO2 XX

Those are not VR28....that's a straight up XX TIO2. Lenses are easy to come by; I would call Oakley about the nosepieces because, yes...they are different...the only thing NOT swappable with the Juliet.

All things considered, Frame in good condition, lenses might need to be replaced and no nose bombs ~250$ - go or no go?

That's a steal if the frame is as tight and in good condition as described because for $65 usd for new lenses you can have a minty pair. I would snatch them first and find the nosepieces later if for no other reason I guarantee you can more than get your money back in the open (eBay) market if you wanted/needed to. Heck, someone here would buy them off you in a heartbeat.