• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Transitions

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I'm actually pretty geeked for the sun to come up tomorrow:

1475-1400209085-ae645b2c2c5bd8f308edf960fec56596.jpg

1473-1400208978-61ce5be2857e9c63c1190e2f99a29895.jpg

1472-1400208924-25b37f69f9b378015bc093fea344d908.jpg

1474-1400209035-7244f453e4553e046dafcdd38b264de3.jpg

I've been wanting to try this for a while, thinking that it would be nice to have one pair that could do it all and eliminate the "need" to bring more than one pair for a trip. When I saw Monster Dog Transitions lenses on the vault for $59 on sale it seemed reasonable. The lenses went to Infinite Hero who preserved the unique etching and I added root beer rubbers, DG Mods brown orbital gaskets with an early X Man Ti02 as the mule.

I really like the VR50's like in the Finito in the morning and I also like the VR28 Black in the afternoon. The VR50 T is supposed to transmit between 10-50% - the same extremes. We'll see,

very nice. but do transition lenses really do the job under the sun? you will need direct exposure right? so wearing them while driving will not activate the transition?

Man, that looks super-sharp; hope those VR transitions live up to hopes; please let us know. Are they polarized?

The x-metal pieces of those Ti02s look almost as dark as carbon, at least in those pics. It's actually pretty close to one of my favorite pairs, so-called "CO2" with VR28 BIP and, coincidentally, rootbeer rubbers. I just have stock orbital gaskets; really digging your browns...

Last edited:
The x-metal pieces of those Ti02s look almost as dark as carbon
The X Man's earlier stabs at Ti02 came out pretty dark. He would have to speak to it but I believe he has better control over finish color now through trial and error.
Are they polarized?
No
do transition lenses really do the job under the sun? you will need direct exposure right? so wearing them while driving will not activate the transition?
As I understand from my very basic research they are UV activated. So if that is true direct exposure is not necessary and wearing them while driving will activate. Some reviews stated that they don't turn very quick and that walking into a building created a problem for one user because they didn't lighten fast. I didn't understand that at all, it appears that their expectation was too high. And why would you wear sunglasses INTO a building? Another reviewer stated that they worked very well while driving going in and out of tunnels. I bet the truth lies somewhere between those two extremes.

Good start to evaluation day, rainy and overcast as I headed into work this AM:
1476-1400251163-aaffeebaa8a75efbcbccb99a2f682758.jpg

The X Man's earlier stabs at Ti02 came out pretty dark. He would have to speak to it but I believe he has better control over finish color now through trial and error.

No

As I understand from my very basic research they are UV activated. So if that is true direct exposure is not necessary and wearing them while driving will activate.

Car windshields contain UV filters, so unless you are driving with the top down they won't change in the car. That's the major detracting point that's kept me from buying transitions.

Nice! Welcome to the club! Lol

ybysuruh.jpg

apu4epe8.jpg

Last edited:
Car windshields contain UV filters, so unless you are driving with the top down they won't change in the car. That's the major detracting point that's kept me from buying transitions.

I always wondered this, as i was thinking about getting transitions for my regular rx glasses too.

@i am rich, are those the Black iridium/clear transitions? Any chance you have a picture of the other side of the transition... ie: Them darker?

Back