• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet tune up?

Pat

Oakley Expert
Reading, PA
How often do you guys get your juliets serviced? I just picked up my first juliet which is extremely tight but just wondering how often you get them serviced if you wear them a couple times a week.

They will last a few years at least, If treated well longer.they were sent to Oakley where they did the tune up.They have size 25 tshocks/ temple in them.if they are too tight. May want to see get a pair of 15s smaller number less snug they are..

how often you get them serviced if you wear them a couple times a week.
It depends.The OEM nose flex couplers inside the nose bridge can and will wear out over time, they deteriorate even during non-use in some cases, so if you have a LNIB/BNIB pair of Juliets from 1999 that were barely ever worn you could find that they become loose after only a few wearings. Even pairs 5 to 10 years old can reflect this, it depends on how and where they were used and stored. Normal wear for OEM I get 2-3 years wearing them once or twice a week with known good rubbers. I've had pairs last much longer that I wore on a regular basis.

Some folks do tune-ups using materials that do not wear out as quickly as OEM parts. There is a tradeoff as these materials have less 'flex' and more 'couple'. They are not always as easy to wear and they don't feel quite 'right' to some, but they generally last longer. (I say "generally" as there are a few types out there and not all can be equal)

I prefer the OEM feel personally with more frequent service specifically for the feel, but there are others who prefer the more rigid less flexible feel and also benefit from more time between tune-ups. Its really a matter of personal preference - and $, for which the latter is not so much of an issue for those of us who can tune our own. The trick there is still OEM parts, as they are becoming increasingly more difficult to find.

The best way to decide is to try the different ways and decide for yourself. :)

has anyone else tried linegears new nose couplers.....I've used them on 6 pairs now.......p.m me for the details on what I've found. I can tune soft or tight if needed. But in almost every instance people don't like the mushy feeling of a fresh tune up.
Infinite Hero was over for a visit last night and we did some head to head comparisons with OEM and LineGear. Honestly the Linegears left the test pair feeling like they needed a tune-up even though they just had been. The best solution is the solution that you and Ryan1982 use, good that you can adjust the tune soft or tight.

It may just be me
But I feel that if the ear stems still hold tight to my head Im ok, even with play in the nose bridge
I have a Juliet pair with a little loose nose bridge, non serial xmetal, I changed the shocks up to the 25 from the 15, that seems to help.

Just a thought here. The x metals are not meant to be so tight that they dont flex, or flex very little. The whole idea was that these nose bridges would flex to conform to your face. I know that i have had tune ups done by a few different people and sometimes they are so stiff it feels like the nose bridge has been welded. Tou want lots of flex but no wobble. If the bridge wobble or shakes around thats not good, but if it flexes and feels "tight" meaning it doesnt wobble then its fine.
My.02

Just got a pair back from Oakley EU and they are fine, plenty tight enough but still allowing for the slight degree of flex that there should be at the nose.

Latest Posts

Back