• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet tune up?

Just got a pair back from Oakley EU and they are fine, plenty tight enough but still allowing for the slight degree of flex that there should be at the nose.
Until the flex rubber degrades in another X years ... :(
After comparing OEM, Linegear and another aftermarket flex coupler last night IMHO the best flex coupler was not a flex coupler at all. The best was a medical industry product like what the X Man uses, just with no special sauce.
His offering to make them softer (probably by not using his special sauce) makes his the best offering out there- as long as you opt for no sauce.
My .02 :)

everything in the world can and will be made better....jim said it best.at red i told him that rubber was the achilles heel of the design,and tens of thousands are loose and sitting in drawers all over the world.

I honestly have not a chance of tuning up any of my frames luck i presume or is it just that when i wear em i dont flex them that much. I guess head size does matter the bigger the more flex. The smaller less tension on the flex copplers. I on the other hand recieved some frames especially juliets with more play than usual and these are nib some of my pairs are like that mostly the left orbitals wiggles more than the right. The project pair i recieved from andrew aka IH was perfect in regards to tightness in my perspective that is i believe he used linegears rubbers there they can pass as oem upon comparing them to some of my frames.

Back