1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Adam fincham

Adam fincham Oakley Beginner

Hi .

I'm new here . just found this place . I'm hoping someone can give me info on the x_metal tune up.

I sent my 12yo Juliet in last week . I didn't want to send my mint ruby iridium lenses so I bought and installed a cheap set of aftermarket ones. The oakley rep I spoke to said I didn't actually need to send them with lenses in but that its not a problem that I did so.

However a friend told me that they will not do the nose bridge repair because of this . I called the rep again and he said that they'll probably just remove them . I'm wondering if anyone can clarify the situation for me

Thanks in advance

Wishing I knew about xman before sending them off though

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Welcome to the forum.

Now you know about @THE X-MAN and won't make the mistake again.

You're better off asking the rep that question though as we cannot speak for him.

Patchie likes this.
  3. NCHornet

NCHornet Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Sure wish you would have come here first. In the past Oakley had tuned mine up and they came back with the lenses they left with. But Oakley is famous for saying one thing and doing the opposite. Their tune up sucks compared to X Man's work. Marks work is second to none and it lasts. Did you get a tracking number, you should have. I would call them as soon as they get there and try and speak to someone who can lay hands on them and make sure you get your lenses back. Just my .02, welcome to the forum. The members here are fantastic and very willing to help.
    NCH

4. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

I know that sometimes Oakley won't repair glasses if the lenses aren't original

Patchie likes this.
  5. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

In that case hopefully he gets them back and they don't end up "lost"

6. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

I've been told that some of the people at Oakley are taking the GLASSES because they know what they're worth now.

Patchie likes this.
  7. Jmgarcia

Jmgarcia Oakley Collector

Hope you got signature confirmation for that package.

8. Adam fincham

Adam fincham Oakley Beginner

I definitely got a signature and high insurance

9. NCHornet

NCHornet Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Like I said, if you don'T like what an Oakley employee tells you, just call until you find one that will tell you what you want to hear, shouldn't take more than a few calls. I will never, never send anything to them. Especially when there are members here that do far better work and cheaper too!!!

10. Jmgarcia

Jmgarcia Oakley Collector

Good job, at least you took precautions hopefully you get them back.