• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Value?

ChenXI

Oakley Beginner
Hi Everyone!

So I kind of stumbled onto this site by accident but reading through some of the X-Metal discussions, everyone seems to be quite friendly and I was hoping you guys could help me out with this situation I was in!

While still in high school, I bought a pair of what I thought to be used Polished Juliet Ichiro with Emerald Slate Iridium lenses over a forum site (not this one). I thought I was being a pretty savvy internet shopper and did some research on the glasses (loved them at first sight) and was happy with my purchase. Unfortunately, one of the lenses started peeling in the back and as a stupid kid, I started rubbing it and essentially ruined it. I then put the pair away for about 3-4 years and kind of forgot about them. I would later buy another pair of Juliets that I currently sport.

I rediscovered them in a closet when I just came home from college these past weeks, took them out of the box and bag, saw how pretty they were and realized that I should probably let these go instead of holding onto them as a keepsake. However, when I searched up the serial number online (something I didn't do in high school), I found out that the frames are JB####### which are not part of the Ichiro Juliet series. Womp :(. I'm guessing that I got ripped off and that the seller put in the authentic Ichiro lenses and rubbers with a regular Juliet frame instead of the Ichiro series one. So now I have no use for them and have no idea what they are worth. I was hoping you guys would be able to give me some sort of value based on what I do have. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Here's what I've deduced that I have:
  • Polished Juliet Frames (with hammerstems) serial JB######
  • Ichiro Emerald Slate Iridium Lenses (One lens that peeled is in rough shape on the inside but the lens with the laser engraved signature is still in good shape)
  • ALMOST complete set of matching green rubbers (Everything is there apart from one of the nose pieces that I stupidly lost while in high school...yeah I was kind of a careless teenager...)
  • No coin
I really hope I haven't wasted you all's time with my inquiry! Really, I've tried to do my research online but just haven't been able to find anything specific to my situation. I feel it's kind of a clustercuss... Anyways, any and all help is greatly appreciated! Please help a new member out! If you need more information, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks Guys!

Sounds like you have a bit of a frankenstein. The Juliet polished frame itself is in the $200-$300 range depending on condition, given its age it likely needs a tune. Lenses hold little value due to their condition and given the missing rubbers also lessens the value.

I'm wondering if you have genuine Ichiro lenses and rubber. Anyway given their condition you basically have a pair of Polished Juliets with lenses and rubber that need to be replaced, so in my opinion your looking at $200. Hopefully the nose bridge isn't too loose.

Haha yeah definitely bit of a Frankenstein. Is there any way to determine if the lenses and rubbers are genuine Ichiro? And even so, if they were genuine Ichiro, would they hold any value that one of the lenses is messed up and one of the nose piece rubbers is missing? Yeah...definitely should've been more careful with these as a kid...

Depends on which lens is scratched up. If its the non etched lens, then just replace that one and your good on that end. As far as the rubber kit, I think the Ichiro's are a special color way, so might be difficult to find, and expensive too. But in the end you might have them back to pristine. If you need the nose bridge done, see the thread for X-man. He does excellant work, and good price too.

Back