• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Vs X-Squared Tightness?

shinjiplus

Oakley Beginner
SF Bay Area
Does anyone else have a Juliet and an X-Squared they can compare the nose rubber (rubber flex couplers) tightness of?

I have Juliets and 2 X-Squareds. One X-Squared is ridiculously firm, one is able to move a bit, and the Juliet is quite flexible in comparison to the XS.

I'm just wondering if Juliets would be as tight as the XS, so I know to send in the Juliets for servicing.

Thanks!

All my NIB, either XS or Juliet, are roughly the same, pretty tight!! I never knew what a loose pair of Juliets was until recently and they needed a tune up ( really bad ) but even if they have some flex/looseness they are still wearable. I have no idea how long it takes to become really worn, guess it just depends on how much you wear them and how much flexing they are put through.

Not all Juliet's sent in will come back super tight. I have a lot of xmetals BNIB that have different degrees of flex. Even ones that have been sent in seem to be different when they return....I find that all of my XS just seem to fit more comfortably then my others. Has slot to do with the XS hollow temple shocks and the difference in the stem thickness and design.

I just got mine back from Oakley Canada, they came back in the same condition I sent them in...loose...

I called and complained...they said that its the best they can do, since they were first gens...BS I say...worst 40 I spent...

All depends. Every pair of XS I ever owned felt way too tight and even left marks on my face/temples. Juliet's however are 1000000x more comfortable and feel as if they give a little more. I have an unserialized plasma that flexes a lot, recently came back from a tune up, then there's a bn pair I got from Hearno that feel super loose but still snug and wearable. Then I have a really early polished that feels like it gives less than the others and is snug, also back from tune up.

Back