• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet X Metal Finish: Generational Color Differences?

And has anyone else noticed there probably IS rubber of something in the nosebridge of the X Squared? Mine are loosening despite tightening screws and I have little pieces of rubber leaking out as you do on toasted Juliet nosebridges.

They will still develop some play, but the screws will prevent it from getting as bad as it does on the Juliets. I've found that, like on the Juliets, the rubber seems to break in a little so your never going to get them as tight as they were when new. The flex couplers are also easy to replace by yourself, assuming you can get them of course.

They will still develop some play, but the screws will prevent it from getting as bad as it does on the Juliets. I've found that, like on the Juliets, the rubber seems to break in a little so your never going to get them as tight as they were when new. The flex couplers are also easy to replace by yourself, assuming you can get them of course.

But how/where does one get flex couplers? I LOVE my Pennys, def the sleekest, sickest pair of Xmetals I've seen. Plan on keeping them always. Although at some point I'd like to customize them to a carbon color. I treat them like gold. Got mine new, with serial #.

But how/where does one get flex couplers? I LOVE my Pennys, def the sleekest, sickest pair of Xmetals I've seen. Plan on keeping them always. Although at some point I'd like to customize them to a carbon color. I treat them like gold. Got mine new, with serial #.

i dont think you can change the finish on the X-metals, but i guess to carbon you can just dye it black somehow...but yeh pennys are awesome

ps for flexcouplers, just send it abck to okaley for a tuneup. its the only practical way..

i dont think you can change the finish on the X-metals, but i guess to carbon you can just dye it black somehow...but yeh pennys are awesome

ps for flexcouplers, just send it abck to okaley for a tuneup. its the only practical way..

Electroplating...

Back