1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. oakley dhon

oakley dhon Oakley Beginner

Juliet X-metal Internal Thread - juliet 1.jpg Juliet X-metal Internal Thread - juliet 2.jpg Juliet X-metal Internal Thread - juliet 3.jpg
    Any one can help me my fellow Oakley Sun-glass User, My Juliet Internal Screw Thread is loose,
    Is it possible to repair the internal loose thread... attached picture... thanks

Last edited by a moderator: 10/22/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Hard to tell from the pics - is it the screw that's got thread damage or the screw hole in the frame? If it's the screw hole in the frame, you're pretty much SOL...

But if it's the screw they're easy to replace.

3. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

welcome to the forum bro! are you by any chance from qatar? screws are easy to replace... could you provide more pics? send me a pm...

4. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

That's a tough one if the internal threads are stripped. It is also difficult to tell from the pictures if the screw is stripped - they are funny like that :rolleyes:.

Does the screw grab at all? You have a good screw and gasket on the other side so by process of elimination you should be able to determine if it is the screw or internal thread. JUST BE CAREFUL NOT TO SCREW UP THE OTHER SIDE - pun intended!

If the outermost threads are stripped perhaps there are deeper threads that will grab? I mention that as I have seen some screws that are longer than others. I am not saying the longer ones will fit in place of the shorter ones in all cases, but they usually do...

Also, have you tried to thread it [GENTLY] without the gasket?

Again, PLEASE BE CAREFUL - You don't want to get a good screw stuck in a bad thread or vice, just be careful and you should be ok, or at least closer to determining what, if anything, can be done ;)

kronin323 likes this.
  5. oakley dhon

oakley dhon Oakley Beginner

6. Arron1980

Arron1980 Oakley Enthusiast

Id at least try a new screw first from line gear or try your other screw from the other orbital and see if it works. If the internal thread on the orbit is stripped then not sure what you can do

7. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

Youve got to counterbore the orbital deeper to get thread bite

8. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

send it to xman he can fix it bro :cool-20:

9. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

+1 to this! Seriously, if it's at all feasible I'd just send this to X-Man. He's worth every penny IMHO.