• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet X-metal Internal Thread

oakley dhon

Oakley Beginner
juliet 1.jpg
juliet 2.jpg
juliet 3.jpg

Any one can help me my fellow Oakley Sun-glass User, My Juliet Internal Screw Thread is loose,
Is it possible to repair the internal loose thread... attached picture... thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to tell from the pics - is it the screw that's got thread damage or the screw hole in the frame? If it's the screw hole in the frame, you're pretty much SOL...

But if it's the screw they're easy to replace.

That's a tough one if the internal threads are stripped. It is also difficult to tell from the pictures if the screw is stripped - they are funny like that :rolleyes:.

Does the screw grab at all? You have a good screw and gasket on the other side so by process of elimination you should be able to determine if it is the screw or internal thread. JUST BE CAREFUL NOT TO SCREW UP THE OTHER SIDE - pun intended!

If the outermost threads are stripped perhaps there are deeper threads that will grab? I mention that as I have seen some screws that are longer than others. I am not saying the longer ones will fit in place of the shorter ones in all cases, but they usually do...

Also, have you tried to thread it [GENTLY] without the gasket?

Again, PLEASE BE CAREFUL - You don't want to get a good screw stuck in a bad thread or vice, just be careful and you should be ok, or at least closer to determining what, if anything, can be done ;)

Id at least try a new screw first from line gear or try your other screw from the other orbital and see if it works. If the internal thread on the orbit is stripped then not sure what you can do

Back