• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet X-Metal - Need Assistance for First Pair

Thanks. Latest is $260 vs $400, so a $140 actual difference. Not huge, but not negligible either. Both seem like good prices?

Sensibility says get the Carbon/Black.
Heart is drawn to the X-Metal/Ruby.

Either will likely be great as a first pair. Without knowing the price trends and going rates for each, I tend to wonder whether the X-Metal/Ruby X-Men is a better deal that may be harder to find in future? Would that be true or not?

Thanks. Latest is $260 vs $400, so a $140 actual difference. Not huge, but not negligible either. Both seem like good prices?

Either will likely be great as a first pair. Without knowing the price trends and going rates for each, I tend to wonder whether the X-Metal/Ruby X-Men is a better deal that may be harder to find in future? Would that be true or not?
In your first post you said you want to stay under $300. There you go

Depends if comes with box and coin and matching numbers

Sounds like a premium on matching serials. If you got the money go ahead and get the x metal/ruby. You'll be able to find another carbon/black.

Serail and sku? Larger or small coin

Not sure on coin. I didn't realize there was a small vs large. Newbie on X-Metals...so still learning. :) I'll find out.

On the box where the SKU/Model/Serial is located, SGH marked through the numbers upon purchase. The owner believes they did that for return purposes for some reason, but is not sure. Either way, the numbers can still be read under the ink.

Coin appears to be large based on the image.

Just curious. Is large or small generally more collectable/valuable. Or does it totally depend on the exact coin, model, etc?

Big coin means it's an earlier model. The latest generations came with the smaller coin. You can find in the forum good quality pairs in the $250-$300 range. The following qualities increase value:
  • Mint condition frame
  • Mint condition lenses
  • Tight nosebridge
  • Serial #
  • Includes matching box
  • Box serial, and serial on frame are the same
  • Complete (box, coin, extra rubbers, original lenses, mf bag)
Of course special editions will fetch much more, like Ducati, Ichiro, Finito, Corvette, IH, JBR, etc.
Serail with X then numbers at beginning on the arm has great vaule under 5k number better. Called xmen edition

Back