1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Red Tiger

Red Tiger Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I can't really decide if I prefer Emerald lenses in a Plasma Frame or the X-Metal Frame.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. stevepc74

stevepc74 Oakley Collector Premium Member

IMO, The Emerald lenses look great in any frame, but I've found that the colour pops out more in a darker frame, if you have the green rubbers as well they would look sweet in xmetal... You could try Carbon as well, but I don't think they would look as classy as xmetal, xmetal/emerald would suit any occasion.

3. Red Tiger

Thanks nice idea I do have the green Rubbers, I have my emerald lenses in a 4th Gen frame I'm not keen on the 4th Gen I don't like the shiny finish, so I would like to get a Plasma 1st gen or a X-Metal frame.,

4. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I disagree, I find the subtle color of emerald stands out more in lighter finishes, while with darker finishes it's less noticeable, looks more silvery than green. I once bought a carbon / emerald pair and couldn't swap the lenses fast enough, but emerald looks awesome in my Ti02's plasma orbitals.

But this sort of thing is just a matter of opinion. The whole "eye of the beholder" thing...

SiRacer420, Red Tiger and stevepc74 like this.
  5. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 Oakley Expert

Go with both, that's what I did. But then I went with X Metal frames with Emerald and green rubber, ruby and red rubber, ice and blue rubber, black and black rubber and just need to find something to complement the white rubber.

I'm with Kronin though, lighter frame will make them pop more.

kronin323 likes this.
  6. Red Tiger

Yes I've seen those ideas they all look good, is their a clear lens that might go with white rubbers.

7. Red Tiger

I have decided the winner is the X-Metal Frame

stevepc74 likes this.