• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Juliet X-Metal Ruby 1st gen

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Up for sale is this very nice gen 1 X-Metal ruby. Frame is in excellent condition with nose bridge tight. Lenses are in excellent condition with hardly any noticeable marks. A really nice pair. Come with a Juliet box but not original.
£250 Free postage UK. $350 US Free postage. EU €305 free postage.
SOLD

IMG_9555.jpg

IMG_9548.jpg

IMG_9549.jpg

IMG_9556.jpg

IMG_9557.jpg

IMG_9563.jpg

IMG_9567.jpg

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Do these have an X serial?

Username Hidden said:
Do these have an X serial?
It says first gen in the description. Meaning these were the very first run from 1999. The X-serial were the X-men series of X-metal Juliet.

I'm not that into x-metals but those glasses are beautiful

Username Hidden said:
I'm not that into x-metals but those glasses are beautiful
They certainly are. Thx.

Username Hidden said:
It says first gen in the description. Meaning these were the very first run from 1999. The X-serial were the X-men series of X-metal Juliet.

Actually it says "gen 1 X-Metal ruby" which would be an X serial.

I take it it's a J serial with the black lenses replaced by ruby lenses. Anyhow, nice glasses, GLWS.

Username Hidden said:
Actually it says "gen 1 X-Metal ruby" which would be an X serial.

I take it it's a J serial with the black lenses replaced by ruby lenses. Anyhow, nice glasses, GLWS.
No it doesn't. X-serial were only for the X-men series. First gen are a J followed by numbers.

The J serials only came with black lenses. The first generation X-Metal/Ruby was the X serial. The first 5000 of these are sometimes refered to as the X-Men movie release.

Username Hidden said:
The J series only came with black lenses. The first generation X-Metal/Ruby was the X series.
Yes, I know that. These are first gen with ruby lens. I am not claiming they are X-series. I would of put that in the description if they were as they are worth more. Don't really want a discussion on my for sale thread. Unless someone is interested. Thx.

Username Hidden said:
The J serials only came with black lenses. The first generation X-Metal/Ruby was the X serial. The first 5000 of these are sometimes refered to as the X-Men movie release.

Not true, when the X serial frames were all used up, they started putting Ruby lenses in J serial frames. So these are a legit combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.