• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliets.. How Do I Spot Fakes?

-=Jeff=-

Oakley Expert
Especially online?

I would like to buy a pair but I just cannot afford a brand new pair, so I am looking on eBay and here ( here I am comfortable in knowing they are real) but there are some on eBay that seem priced good..

I main requirement is Black Iridium Polarized, Frame color is not as important, If I find a good pair then I will Keep my X Metal XX and switch between the 2 pair

Any Help would be GREAT

I'm sure xmetalmaniac will chime in, but i can give some pointers from my own experience.

-Multi-colored/crazy looking lenses is usually a dead give away. Save for the Titanium Clear, I'm almost certain all Juliets have Iridium lenses.
-T6 screws are sunk in at the orbitals and at the earstems. There's also washers in the orbitals.
-Rivets in the nose bridge
-1st and 2nd gen Juliets were serialized on the left earstem right next to the hinge.
-The nose bridge will flex a bit.

You own an X Metal XX, so you should already know how they feel. If it's an older Juliet, only the polished frame had the hammerstems like the XX. Other than the orbitals being larger, the XX and the Juliet are virtually identical.

Also use the o-review as a reference for colorways that did or did not exist.

I'm sure xmetalmaniac will chime in, but i can give some pointers from my own experience.

-Multi-colored/crazy looking lenses is usually a dead give away. Save for the Titanium Clear, I'm almost certain all Juliets have Iridium lenses.
-T6 screws are sunk in at the orbitals and at the earstems. There's also washers in the orbitals.
-Rivets in the nose bridge
-1st and 2nd gen Juliets were serialized on the left earstem right next to the hinge.
-The nose bridge will flex a bit.

You own an X Metal XX, so you should already know how they feel. If it's an older Juliet, only the polished frame had the hammerstems like the XX. Other than the orbitals being larger, the XX and the Juliet are virtually identical.

Also use the o-review as a reference for colorways that did or did not exist.

I could not have put it better!!!!!

Also there are some Ebay regular sellers who constantly have excellent prices on x metals. And PLEASE beware those sellers that sell xmetal with "custom" or "One of a kind" lenses, they are the BIGGEST crock of crap there is out there. I know a few and they should be ashamed of themselves.... If you see a pair chime in and we will look it over for you. Also ask the seller for additional pix if needed.

I currently have a pair of Juliets with Titanium iridium lenses and rootbeer earsocks and nosepads up for grabs...

Oh and thanks Guys.. the Nose Bridge is like that on my XX too.. I look them and really cannot part with them although selling the X Metal X will help fund Juliets. I also think having a pair of each would be nice.. for a change of pace every once in a while.

Funny thing the Guy I talked to at Oakley was like, you really need to hang on to the XX, as well as my Gen 1 CF M-Frames.. he said those are some of the sought after pairs..

Looks pretty consistant from the pic. Excellent condition?? Hmmmmmm, one persons excellent is another persons good or ok....... I would want a little more.. Like condition of lenses, how loose is the nosebridge?

Yeah I know, I was more checking to see if those are real, which they look to be.. I did send the seller a message..

Polished frame is consistent with the hammerstems. I'm sure he put in those Black Iridium Polarized lenses himself as i don't see that colorway existing on O-Review. What color are the secondary lenses he's including?

Glendale, CA is actually up the freeway from me. Dunno if he'd be willing to meet up with some random guy just to verify their authenticity. The buy it now price is at $200. That's not TOO bad for a pair of used juliets. Did he say if he's including coin and box?

Oh and on the X Metal XX's - Keep them. You'll regret letting those go if you do.

Polished frame is consistent with the hammerstems. I'm sure he put in those Black Iridium Polarized lenses himself as i don't see that colorway existing on O-Review. What color are the secondary lenses he's including?

Glendale, CA is actually up the freeway from me. Dunno if he'd be willing to meet up with some random guy just to verify their authenticity. The buy it now price is at $200. That's not TOO bad for a pair of used juliets. Did he say if he's including coin and box?

Oh and on the X Metal XX's - Keep them. You'll regret letting those go if you do.

I emailed him and I am passing, he did not answer a few of my questions.. I am interested in XmetalManiacs pair he mentioned nad it sounds like Juliet Lenses are easier to buy currently.

Latest Posts

Back