• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Juliets: Ichiro Polished/Blue and Carbon Ducati

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
What should font "look" like?
Hard to describe ... What does reconditioned mean?

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
What should font "look" like?
Describing them as possibly 'off' was unfair as I'm not a corvette expert! I guess non-standard compared to other similar Juliet text only labels.

Username Hidden said:
What does reconditioned mean?
That's a good question. It's still a very rare pair that doesn't come up for sale often.

Username Hidden said:
Does reconditioned mean this is not the original label - the fonts do look off.
Yes. Years ago I did a deal with the X Man who sent the pair in a box with a label:
20160331_085042.jpg

And I looked at my boxes, thought that I could be a little more organized and remembered that a wise man once said "Anything can, and will, be made better":..

20160331_084718.jpg

... so I fired up an old labelling program that we used back in the 90's when retail moved to scanning to create UPC's for products that did not have them. The fonts are not a 100% match but it is a lot better than having to try to remember which box came with which pair and which box has the XX bombs or root beer rubbers, etc. Having similar labels makes the collection flow better, makes the corresponding box easier to find and allows me to correct cosmetic issues like this:
20160331_085057.jpg

This is something that I have been doing for years and have done for more than a few forum members- free of charge. (Not looking for additional business... :) ) I see this as no different than changing rubbers, replacing foam, cutting lenses, etc. It's a means of organizing and makes a restoration more complete but felt that it should be noted in the sale thread.

A much more interesting and detailed response than I expected - completely clear to me. Thanks for taking the time, including pictures.

Username Hidden said:
A much more interesting and detailed response than I expected - completely clear to me. Thanks for taking the time, including pictures.

Hes old. He remembers the 90's....kinda. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.