1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Burner

Burner Oakley Beginner

Hey guys,

Just sitting here eating some ice cream cake and this kinda downed on me. I have a few sets of Juliet's kicking around my house. Some have my Rx in them, some don't. It wouldn't be to hard to turn my non Rx ones into a normal at work behind the computer kinda thing would it? I don't like any of the new Rx frames that are out and I love my Juliet's more. Just an idea. Time to call my Oakley rep and get his take on it

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Cargo

Cargo JFL lover

Its been done many times.
    Im pretty sure most if not all lens places could do this for you.

3. Burner

Burner Oakley Beginner

Thanks for your help. Just waiting to hear back from my oakley rep on my price. I figured I would do this as I have a few sets sitting around and the Rx frames that are out right now I don't find any that I am really drawn to. So I would turn my Juliet's into my Rx glasses and have something very different. Thanks again

4. jlee226

jlee226 Oakley Beginner

I was also curious about this as well but I'm gonna turn my Romeo 1 Rx

5. Burner

Burner Oakley Beginner

Hey we have to wear them everyday, so if there is nothing we like that is new on the market, might as well if you can turn something you do like into the thing you have to wear lol

jlee226 likes this.
  6. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley Rōnin

saw a few pictures before of juliets turned to RX frames... it would look damn cool!

7. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley Rōnin

maybe you will be weary wearing them after sometime bro as romeos are a little heavy for constant wearing!:D

8. Burner

Burner Oakley Beginner

Yes I have to admit I'm excited to do this. Can't wait for the end result.

9. i am rich

i am rich The Silly Collector!

I used to wear Oakley prescription frames. Every year my vision is getting worse. Plus having 4 pairs of prescription lenses upgrade was $$$. My wife convinced me to wear contacts, and I was able to wear my sunglasses. Later on ended up with almost 50 pairs. (Which i think she jokingly say she regrets introducing me to them lol)

I was going to get prescription/transitions for my polished Juliet from Oakley (where the left lens has an "O" logo") and I was told it was going to be at least $250.

Just keep in mind depending how your vision is every year. (Worse or the same). The cost of prescription lenses every time it gets worse. If you do not mind it, go for it.

10. Burner

Burner Oakley Beginner

Oh I already have Rx in my Juliet's now. I get a deal as I have my own rep from oakley so I do get a deal. I did the contacts bit for awhile but got tired of putting them in/out or if I forgot them etc. So I bit the bullet and went authentic oakley Rx lenses. My wife is glad that we have a rep as it saves her money for Xmas and birthdays for me and my son. She has now gotten on the right train and is catching up to me with glasses.