• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliets value?

IMHO a lot of the prices being suggested here are on the low side.

There's two ways to value these things:

1. Start with the price of a cheap, beat up pair then add the value of materials and services it would take to restore them up to the condition of the piece being valued.

2. Start with the value of a complete LNIB set and subtract out the value of things missing or in need of repair or replacement.

IMO I do not believe #1 is the correct way. That way is better used when deciding the max you'd pay for a beater pair, to ensure the cost of restoring them doesn't add up to a total investment of more than they'd be worth. But starting with the price of a beat up pair, many of them go at a great deal pricepoint. But that great deal is not necessary the fair value of the beater pair. So using #1 in this case will result in an artificially lower price.

#2 is the correct method (again, IMO). From the description, this pair is in great condition and needs no repair or replacement parts. It only lacks the box & coin.

Average value of a complete LNIB non-polar Juliet is $400. LNIB polar Juliet, $450. Subtract $100 for the lack of a box and coin and you end up with a value of $350. That may not be a great deal on them, so if you only buy great deals you'd pass, but it is a fair value.

I started digging through and found the coin but but the box I was chewed up by a mouse on the corner, I knew if I kept looking I would find them now to clean the house back up before the wife gets home and kills me for emptying every closet in the house! Lol

I started digging through and found the coin but but the box I was chewed up by a mouse on the corner, I knew if I kept looking I would find them now to clean the house back up before the wife gets home and kills me for emptying every closet in the house! Lol

Boy is that little mouse in trouble!

This scene from Never Cry Wolf (awesome movie BTW) shows a way to get revenge...

(It's only 1:40 long, give it a chance to develop)

This scene from Never Cry Wolf (awesome movie BTW) shows a way to get revenge...

(It's only 1:40 long, give it a chance to develop)
Not sure I could deal with cruchy bits. Just bought a Vitamix, looks like it could be something you avoid with a smoothie! LOL!

On your piece since lenses are scratched id say 250 to 275 as long as the orbitals are tight. If loose a bit lower.

Back