• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

JulieX Vs X-Squared Comparison

I was checking out my XS and was wondering the same thing. My whole Penny situation has been pretty informative with the required research. It looks like the XS can be accessed much easier that the Penny's since they have screws instead of rivets. When I called Oakley HQ, I asked if they could sell me some flex couplers for my XS because I would rather store them than they become extinct in a few years. She said they can't sell that part and it can only be installed by Oakley. I told her that was lame....LOL

yeah.. its all down to the person you talk to though. i have had some customer service reps who are good enough to send out things that are supposedly "not allowed to be sent" like hinge screws etc..

I already took apart my X-Squared once. One of the gaskets in the flex coupler was leaking out the edge so I took it apart, repositioned it and put it back together. It was fairly easy.

thanks BriP. looks like i have to see how much a plane ticket costs to Perth lol.
haha! as i said dude, the fit is basically like a Polished Juliet. the hammerstems feel different than straight stems somehow.. so try them on... and if you love it, im happy to build you one if you send me the bits =)

just remember a brand new Polished juliet is really tight, so take into account frame stretch and stuff =) Just sayin', cos my JulieX is a daily pair and the flex coupler has grown to accomodate my head haha!

haha! as i said dude, the fit is basically like a Polished Juliet. the hammerstems feel different than straight stems somehow.. so try them on... and if you love it, im happy to build you one if you send me the bits =)

just remember a brand new Polished juliet is really tight, so take into account frame stretch and stuff =) Just sayin', cos my JulieX is a daily pair and the flex coupler has grown to accomodate my head haha!
Im seriously considering it but it'll be a very long time unti i have the money for BOTH lol. plus finding both lol. but it's on my to do list! maybe i'll hit the jackpot.
Polished is cool, just a bit loud and flashy for my personality haha, but what Razerwire did by putting titanium lenses in his made them sexy!

IF i do this, you have to promise you won't keep them and say they got lost in shipment haha.

I have heard that people who rest x-metals' on top of their head when not wearing can stretch out the frame so they no longer fit correctly?

Im seriously considering it but it'll be a very long time unti i have the money for BOTH lol. plus finding both lol. but it's on my to do list! maybe i'll hit the jackpot.
Polished is cool, just a bit loud and flashy for my personality haha, but what Razerwire did by putting titanium lenses in his made them sexy!

IF i do this, you have to promise you won't keep them and say they got lost in shipment haha.

haha dude what do you take me for.. Im here to help! I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to deal with dodgy people..i even get nervous buying **** off ebay! in fact just last week ebay flagged one of my purchases last week, even though the seller already shipped it. I was so scared i filed an issue immidiately. then the item came in the next day and boy did i look dumb.. the guy was pretty good about it.. understandable if ebay just pulled the whole listing! like the records were completely wiped, the item wasnt even in my purchase history!

I have heard that people who rest x-metals' on top of their head when not wearing can stretch out the frame so they no longer fit correctly?

i find this to be true to some extent. My Juliets actually spend quite some time atop my head (no where else to put them really when youre indoors unless you carry your vault around),a nd the flex couplers have stretched slightly. they still fit well, but it doesnt hurt my skull anymore. The best care for them is to not put them straight on/off, but to wear them like goggles - wear it like a tiara/crown, then slide it down that way. wearing them atop your head doesnt kill it as much as if you over-stretch the arms..

IMO even the romeo1's stress cracks can be avoided by just simple care.. and its just as easy to ruin a flex coupler as it is to crack Romeo1 lenses.. so i dont see a real 'flaw' in the romeo 1.. the damage is just more visually obvious thats all..

Back