• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jupiter Camo Frogskin Problems

MissFrogger

Oakley Beginner
So I finally got around to picking up another pair of bnib jupiter camo frogskins to add to my collection. My other ones I have are missing part of the logo on the stem so I moved these into my daily wear pairs. Because I find that +red iridium isn't dark enough I went to swap these with the black iridium lenses from my deuce coupes. When I put the +red lenses into the deuce coupe frames I noticed that the lenses were quite loose, not falling out but I could move the lense up and down within the frame notciably.
Since I was curious I took another pair of +red lenses from my crystal black pair and tried them and they fit fine, as well tried the lenses from the bnib jupiter camos and they fit fine as well.
In the process of all this tho I noticed that my lenses from the crystal black pair had a grey "base" you could say when held up against my white background on my computer vs the jupiter camos having a red "base" I even compared this to the bnib jupiter camo lenses and they had a grey "base" as well.
Oh then to top it all off when I compared my two pairs of jupiter camos the newer ones have the sku# stamped on the right leg, whereas the older pair (and all my other pairs in my collection) have the sku# stamped on the left leg.
Any explanations for all this? Is it just how the jupiter camo frogskins were made or have I lucked out and gotten two pairs of messed up jupiter camo frogskins?

I know I'm new here, but I would be concerned you may have a fake pair. The Jupiter camo's were widely faked and were very convincing. Do you have a postal or jewelry scale? I would weigh the frames vs a pair you are sure you are authentic.

So I finally got around to picking up another pair of bnib jupiter camo frogskins to add to my collection. My other ones I have are missing part of the logo on the stem so I moved these into my daily wear pairs. Because I find that +red iridium isn't dark enough I went to swap these with the black iridium lenses from my deuce coupes. When I put the +red lenses into the deuce coupe frames I noticed that the lenses were quite loose, not falling out but I could move the lense up and down within the frame notciably.
Since I was curious I took another pair of +red lenses from my crystal black pair and tried them and they fit fine, as well tried the lenses from the bnib jupiter camos and they fit fine as well.
In the process of all this tho I noticed that my lenses from the crystal black pair had a grey "base" you could say when held up against my white background on my computer vs the jupiter camos having a red "base" I even compared this to the bnib jupiter camo lenses and they had a grey "base" as well.
Oh then to top it all off when I compared my two pairs of jupiter camos the newer ones have the sku# stamped on the right leg, whereas the older pair (and all my other pairs in my collection) have the sku# stamped on the left leg.
Any explanations for all this? Is it just how the jupiter camo frogskins were made or have I lucked out and gotten two pairs of messed up jupiter camo frogskins?

Sometimes a lens can be loose in the way you describe but I have never come across a Frogskin with part of the logo missing. +Red is a lens with colour variation, some can be a rich blue and others a mixture of deep red and blue for example. The sku on my pair of Jupiter Camo is scripted in white, on the inside of the left arm about half way along.

Thanks for the info on the loose lenses and +red lenses romeo. I think part of the logo is missing because I damaged them when I wore them so that doesn't concern me.
I guess the only concerning thing left now is the fact the newer pair has that sku# on the right leg vs the typical left