1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Just got the email and they have 4 different ones available.....

Polished Black w/BIP
    Matte Black w/BI
    Dark Ale w/Tungsten
    Matte Black w/Ice Polarized

marc2040 likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. i am rich

i am rich The Silly Collector!

Ooorah...

3. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

Since it's SI, I'm assuming these are made in the USA. The standard JC has a fat Made in China stamped on the box.:mad:

4. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Thanks for the heads up, i have a former brother in law who will be all over these. as for made in the USA on SI vs retail, i doubt it. while that might make sense think of all the government and law enforcement products made overseas. welcome to globalization

5. tumbler

tumbler Oakley Beginner

Is the only difference between Jupiter Carbon and Jupiter Factory Lite that the frame on JFL is aluminum? Size/specs everything else the same?

6. horn05

horn05 Oakley Beginner

Yes on the frame, but the size of the Carbons is similar to the Jup Squared. I have tried the Factory Lites and they were too tight (narrow). I have the Carbons and they fit great, uses same lenses as Jup squared also.

orson_y and marc2040 like this.
  7. tumbler

tumbler Oakley Beginner

Thanks! I tried on the Jupiter Carbon in the store and liked them a lot, but they didn't have Factory Lites to try on. I was thinking about going for the JFL's since I can find them online much cheaper than the carbon, but not sure I should chance it since I don't know how they'd fit.

8. OakleyCan

OakleyCan Oakley Collector

That, and you get less for more $. That is if you believe Aluminium > O-Matter....

9. Ursusntn

Ursusntn Oakley Beginner

I tried on the factory liters and the carbons . The FL are considerably more arrow , they wouldn't stay put , kept coming forward . The carbon fit me very much like the jupiter squared. I was really wanting the JFL in the brushed aluminum but they were way to small . So I am trying to find a pair of the carbons with matte black ice iridium with the aluminum arms , they seem to be hard to find , except on eBay.