• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jupiter Factory Lite

Here is a better angle for the temple. It lets you see how the frame and dual hinge work together. The small (1/8th of an inch if that) gap lets the frame have a natural flex with the dual shock hinge rather than using a traditional spring. I've been wearing them all day and the hinge has enough flex to feel comfortable without being loose and falling off the top of your head like a spring hinge. I would definitely stop by and give them a look and try before writing them off, I'm a fan but as all frames they may not float everyone's boat.

7986729534_c399d970a6_z.jpg

Interesting, but I agree. They look cobbled and mismatched. I love the idea and the tech, not too impressed with the execution.

Just tried a pair on tonight and have to say if they werent $280 then I would have picked them up, I think I will wait on the non polarized just to get them a little cheaper. The glasses fit great though and feel extremely tough. They fit nice and tight but not too much to where they would be uncomfortable. I will def be picking up a pair in the near future.

I think they are a really nice looking pair of glasses. Love the black with the red carbon fiber inside. I want to see the siver w/ ice iridium and blue carbon fiber on the inside. It looks to me like they improved upon the hinge system started with the Jury. I am a big fan of the Jury. The weakness of the Jury is def. the hinge so as long as this is an improvement then I am in on them as long as they fit my face. Gonna go to SGH tomorrow and take a look.

I always have been a fan of carbon fiber, but never could pull the trigger on the C-six. How ever the jupiter light is up my alley. I have to concur that they could have done a little more work to close the gap on the frame where the temple meets the orbital. The below pics are the Carbon plates, Oakley's RX line. I found a good deal on these frames and decided why not chop a lens for them. Most optical shops will do non-RX lenses without an issue, if you cant chop your own. I can pull off wire frames very easily, so this may also be a route to go....And not for nothing the first pic is a damn sexy frame if you chopped in some black iridiums!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The hinge is def superior to the jury. The jury used an o matter hinge on an aluminum frame which in my opinion made no sense. O matter is strong but putting that on a frame made of aluminum just didnt make sense. There is always going to be a weak point but that just amplified it I think.

Interesting, but I agree. They look cobbled and mismatched. I love the idea and the tech, not too impressed with the execution.

Without that gap, the twin shock hinge would be rendered useless. That gap is what allows the hinge to have a spring to it. Without adding an actual spring to the hinge. Which in my long experience selling sunglasses is the first thing to go.