• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jupiter Squared Earstem Removal

Biscuitpie

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys, I found a pair of Jupiter Squareds in the ocean a couple weeks ago. The lenses were very scratched, the stems are loose, and the metal piece on the earstem has paint chipping off. I already replaced the lenses but I wanted to paint that metal piece as well. I noticed there is a screw underneath said metal piece that is right where the earstems attach. Is this what holds the stems on unlike most other Oakleys which are snap in? Or is it just to remove that metal piece? Or both? Also they don't have earsocks which looks fine but if you know of a place where I can buy some let me know. I searched for a long time and couldn't find any relevant info so please help me. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey guys, I found a pair of Jupiter Squareds in the ocean a couple weeks ago. The lenses were very scratched, the stems are loose, and the metal piece on the earstem has paint chipping off. I already replaced the lenses but I wanted to paint that metal piece as well. I noticed there is a screw underneath said metal piece that is right where the earstems attach. Is this what holds the stems on unlike most other Oakleys which are snap in? Or is it just to remove that metal piece? Or both? Also they don't have earsocks which looks fine but if you know of a place where I can buy some let me know. I searched for a long time and couldn't find any relevant info so please help me. Thanks!
yes, you have to remove screw to remove the earstem and the metal piece. Just be careful removing the screws, they are very soft. I would search ebay to purchase frames with no lens. They usually go for $79. I got mine there and replaced the metal earstem piece and ear socks.

yes, you have to remove screw to remove the earstem and the metal piece. Just be careful removing the screws, they are very soft. I would search ebay to purchase frames with no lens. They usually go for $79. I got mine there and replaced the metal earstem piece and ear socks.
Awesome, good to know. Now I just need to find a screwdriver that size. All of the eyeglass repair kits are flathead and the one I found that wasn't was too big. The metal piece was already matte black so I'm just gonna PlastiDip it, it will look exactly the same. I already did it but they were still on the glasses so the edges sucked and it started peeling. I have a LOT of experience with it from the automotive world, a much bigger scale! Which means it's not really worth it to me to buy a new frame just for the ear socks; it looks pretty good without them and I didn't even realize they were missing until I looked the glasses up. Thanks for the help!

Latest Posts

Back