• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jupiter Squared Headache

gotox

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys,
I bought a pair of Jupiter Squared sunglasses yesterday. I left them on my head and went by foot to my home. Later I realized that they caused headache, and felt uncomfortable. I know it is a little bit strange to notice that they are unconfortable after half a day but... I used them today morning and they created again headaches, I have a pair of Ray Ban 3379 polarized (the Oakleys are polarised too, the woodgrain version). Is it possible that the Jupiters are to small for me?
Are the Holbrooks maybe more comfortable or should I ask my money back?

Thank you for your answers

You can have that problem indeed. Depends on the model and how it fits you, usually this is caused because they clamp too much on the head behind the ears. I also have a few models that cause this problem with me. Holbrooks might be better for you eventually, but you really have to try them on.

Everyone's head is shaped differently, there's no reason in the world that a standard pair of Oakleys is going to fit everyone perfectly.

Most Oakleys fit me fine, but the Jupiter LX's were unbelievably tight, with the Jury and JFL close seconds.

TH JS fit feels a little small on the ear stems and mainly because of the design it feels like I have to push them up on my nose a little more and a little closer to my eyes. Is that where you are having a problem? I cant speak for the Brook because I have only tried them on once but they could fit you better? The Jupiter Squared are very flexable in design so they arent tight on you are they?

TH JS fit feels a little small on the ear stems and mainly because of the design it feels like I have to push them up on my nose a little more and a little closer to my eyes. Is that where you are having a problem? I cant speak for the Brook because I have only tried them on once but they could fit you better? The Jupiter Squared are very flexable in design so they arent tight on you are they?
It is a good description you used,they are pressing me (sounds strange). They feel to tight, like I had a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge head, I hope the Holbrook will fit better and hope that they don't cause pain. I have another question, my jupiter squared have tungsten polarized iridium, is polarized without iridium similar or is it a huge difference.
My shop has a pair of oakley holbrook polished black/grey polarized, do you guys think they are a good pick?

It is a good description you used,they are pressing me (sounds strange). They feel to tight, like I had a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge head, I hope the Holbrook will fit better and hope that they don't cause pain. I have another question, my jupiter squared have tungsten polarized iridium, is polarized without iridium similar or is it a huge difference.
My shop has a pair of oakley holbrook polished black/grey polarized, do you guys think they are a good pick?

Try em on they feel bigger than the JS so yeah possible.

Do the Holbrook come only in custom editions with iridium and polarised?
I saw on the site under polarised only classic polarised lenses...
I am a perfectionist, so I want to know are grey polarised lenses good enough
Thanks ppl :)

What's funny is that all Oakley glasses feature a 3 point fit so that you don't feel pressure, but all styles are going to be sized differently and how they feel when you're trying them on in the store might be different than how they feel after wearing them for 6 hours. When people go to look at glasses at an Oakley store (or SGH, if that's all you have) I recommend they spend 20 mins walking around with them on in the store that way you can get an idea if they are going to cause any pressure. The sales people might think it's strange but they'll understand.

All the guys at my O-stores know to just bring out what I ask for and let me do my thing. :lol:

What's funny is that all Oakley glasses feature a 3 point fit so that you don't feel pressure, but all styles are going to be sized differently and how they feel when you're trying them on in the store might be different than how they feel after wearing them for 6 hours. When people go to look at glasses at an Oakley store (or SGH, if that's all you have) I recommend they spend 20 mins walking around with them on in the store that way you can get an idea if they are going to cause any pressure. The sales people might think it's strange but they'll understand.

All the guys at my O-stores know to just bring out what I ask for and let me do my thing. :lol:
I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina (Southeast Europe) hihi
There is probably one Oakley store (well a store that sells Oakley glasses) in my country... That is the reason why I can't choose so much :p .
But I hope that the salesmen will tomorrow change the Jupiter S. for the Holbrook, or give me my money back.
I never had more uncomfortable glasses than the Jupiter S. It is funny that the Jupiter S. were inspired by a switchblade, they really behave like one, cut my brain :lol:
Batwolf, you seem pretty informed, will the grey polarised be good as the tungsten iridium polarised?

Latest Posts

Back