• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jupiter Squared?

I'm surprised you feel that way wrist. They do feel a little cheap but is it really fair to say that when most of us like Frogskins?

I'm surprised you feel that way wrist. They do feel a little cheap but is it really fair to say that when most of us like Frogskins?

You may be right Bat, lol. But I honestly didnt like these from the start, so I suppose my post was very bias.
1.) I hate that they took my brainchild for a Holbrook and put it on these (Woodgrain w/ Tung Polar.
2.) Why even try and bother taking Holbrooks place?

These arent the worst glasses out there. Theyre just...there.

I don't think they're meant to take the place of anything, the Holbrook is doing very well. The Jupiter Squared is a good piece for anyone that likes this style but wants to do anything other than everyday activities in them.

I don't think O ever intended them to be a Holbrook clone/replacement. They're just an updated Jupiter. I liked the Jupiter line, and I like the squared line too. The only problem is that neither of my local O stores have gotten any in stock yet (and they usually have new releases a day or two after launch). I did snag a new pair of Clear/Orange from eBay for $90 though, which is definitely a steal.

congrat's on the jupiter 2

I don't think O ever intended them to be a Holbrook clone/replacement. They're just an updated Jupiter. I liked the Jupiter line, and I like the squared line too. The only problem is that neither of my local O stores have gotten any in stock yet (and they usually have new releases a day or two after launch). I did snag a new pair of Clear/Orange from eBay for $90 though, which is definitely a steal.

Went to the local vault today and actually splurged for no god damn good reason...Anyways, got a chance to try these on. They fit terribly on me compared to the Holbrooks. The nose piece in the middle must be smaller or something, and didn't sit on my nose and push up the way the Holbrooks do. Like others have pointed out, they do look very similar side by side, but the Unobtanium is really what I wanted these for. Oh well.

I'm digging the wood grain ones for sure. They will sell good especially for the people that want that Holbrook shape but in a smaller frame. I'm going to get these so i can put my prescription in them.so now I will have three options with my prescription Holbrooks, frogskins, and the Jupiter Squared! Yeaa buddy!

I'm on the hunt for the woodgrain Jupiter Squared after trying on the black ones today. I could not pull off the Holbrooks, but really liked the JS on my face. I just wish there was a SW 24k edition of them. I love that colorway on the Holbrooks!

I almost bought a pair of the matte black with jade iridium yesterday, but both pairs had nicks in the lenses. They said that the jupiters had only been on display for a couple of days.

Latest Posts

Back