• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jury-Opinions

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
With prices of the Jury falling even more of late ($60 for Ice and BIP variants) I'm seriously considering purchasing one or maybe two (depending on my findings here and elsewhere) as the visual and technical/material aspects of the design really appeal to me.

BUT-I'm curious what the fan community thinks? I know some here consider them highly underrated, I'm also aware of the quality issues with the hinges (a risk I'm willing to accept for the prices noted) but I think I'm more looking for impressions on size, fit, wearability vs some other models like say the Batwolf, Fuel Cell (I've read some reviews that compare them to the Fuel Cells in look and fit), Gascan.

As an idea of what I'm like facially, the Batwolf is a good fit in width and height though I don't like quite how far back I have to push them on my face, the Fuel Cell to me feels a bit loose and I'm a near perfect fit for the X Squared (in terms of like the "perfect" big frame in terms of comfort and fit, the XS would be that.

Appreciate everyone's time and input.

I really like them. I have had a sample pair since before they came out and have had no problem with the hinges, like others had. I like the weight as well. After a few hours they can get a bit heavy. They fit similar to Fuel Cell but I like the more streamlined temples

I have two pairs of Jurys and they get plenty of face time. They are very comfortable to me and fit just like a Fuel Cell. In fact, the lenses are interchangeable. I don't usually wear them for an all day event as they are a little on the heavy side, but comfortable nonetheless. I haven't had problems with the hinges on either one of my pairs, although I've heard about them. Perhaps it's just all in how you handle your shades. If you can find a pair for $60, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Fuel cell lenses do fit, but they are tight. There were two generations of Jurys, and only one had hinge problems. That is why some say they are great, and others don't care for them.

Love my jurys. I want another pair for sure. The O-matter hinge is worrisome at times. But I never try to stress the glasses more than they need to be to fit on my face. If you go for any distressed color options, they can flake a bit from closing the legs on each other. I've got some noticeable wear on mine. Still love them though. Need another pair for sure so I can let xmetalmaniac do the chrome works on them.

Fuel cell lenses do fit, but they are tight. There were two generations of Jurys, and only one had hinge problems. That is why some say they are great, and others don't care for them.

Not quite. It's a very tight fit and on my pair I couldn't get the screws down all the way. Once you trim the inside corners it's a good fit.

Love my jurys. I want another pair for sure. The O-matter hinge is worrisome at times. But I never try to stress the glasses more than they need to be to fit on my face. If you go for any distressed color options, they can flake a bit from closing the legs on each other. I've got some noticeable wear on mine. Still love them though. Need another pair for sure so I can let xmetalmaniac do the chrome works on them.

A few months before Oakley discontinued the Jury there was a change made where they added a screw to the hinges so they didn't have the stem issue. You can probably find them around, but I would probably try to find one in a Vault so that you make sure you're getting the newer version.

Jurys are great. They feel nice and beefy. Nobody else has mentioned that they feel very cool on your face, due to all the metal (and I suppose they look cool too ;)

Back