• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just 1 Month into it.

She doesn't want a pair of X Metals. I asked and pretty much insisted. She is afraid that she will mess them up or lose them.

I really don't classify those in the Metal family. I bought those really cheap, as a gift for my wife. She's been wearing cheapo sunglasses. I thought she deserves a pair of good ones.

Correct - I have nothing against the neXt-metals; I own two madmans and would own a badman if they fit me well (but they don't). But calling them x-metals is just marketing retconning, and IMO has actually hurt their reputation - people compare them unfavorably (and justifiably so) against the originals, when, if evaluated for their own merits, they're decent. See dead horse #2...

---Official "Dead Horse" thread--- | Oakley Forum

Correct - I have nothing against the neXt-metals; I own two madmans and would own a badman if they fit me well (but they don't). But calling them x-metals is just marketing retconning, and IMO has actually hurt their reputation - people compare them unfavorably (and justifiably so) against the originals, when, if evaluated for their own merits, they're decent. See dead horse #2...

---Official "Dead Horse" thread--- | Oakley Forum
If only there was a photo of something that Oakley put in their stores describing what an X-Metal truly is/was. :p

1442259083366.jpg
I wear my Oakleys all day everyday. If I could only get that Rx made for some Juliets in a clear lense.

I always seem to create some kinda trouble when I come in. See what I started by name dropping Ikon lenses?

See what I started by name dropping Ikon lenses?

Nothing wrong with that. We have aftermarket manufacturers LineGear and Walleva as forum sponsors; used to have Fuse as well but they seem to have dropped it...

I've said before, I'm not saying all aftermarkets are crap. Just that subjective opinions are worthless; objective tests are required to prove quality.

It's proper skepticism - not being closed-minded, instead being open-minded to anything... as long as there's objective proof to back up the claims.

Back