• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just A Little Tease

Oakley said today that Acid Tortoise won't be released until mid-summer, so I don't know where the March 1st date comes from. If the mid-summer date is true, then as far as I can tell there won't be any new Frogskins until May when the VR46 come out (Oakley said this would be the release date for those). Maybe they're trying to clear out all the unsold Acid series frames first?

If it is mid-summer then there will be a further flood of Frogskins on to the market in summer (VR46, new Kostons [again Oakley stated today this is when they will be released], Acid Tortoise, Jolly Roger & Old Glory maybe, Fire & Ice). So that's 11 new Frogskins in a short period of time. Doesn't make good business sense to me.

I like the blue tort. Think they'll look amazing in the sun. Thanks for the pic! Good work :0)

Oakley said today that Acid Tortoise won't be released until mid-summer, so I don't know where the March 1st date comes from. If the mid-summer date is true, then as far as I can tell there won't be any new Frogskins until May when the VR46 come out (Oakley said this would be the release date for those). Maybe they're trying to clear out all the unsold Acid series frames first?

If it is mid-summer then there will be a further flood of Frogskins on to the market in summer (VR46, new Kostons [again Oakley stated today this is when they will be released], Acid Tortoise, Jolly Roger & Old Glory maybe, Fire & Ice). So that's 11 new Frogskins in a short period of time. Doesn't make good business sense to me.

Where did you hear all of this? I agree, that doesn't make any sense.

Since when has Oakley had a set story on releases and dates? Hahah. Not saying this isn't true because it sounds true but who knows what they'll do, right? We're better off just not bothering or knowing at this point. I lost interest...

Since when has Oakley had a set story on releases and dates? Hahah. Not saying this isn't true because it sounds true but who knows what they'll do, right? We're better off just not bothering or knowing at this point. I lost interest...

The only releases I know of that became a disaster in the 'when will they ever release' stakes were the Goldbrooks and Chrome Flak Jackets, both of which have an FMJ finish. The Frogksins have quite a simple finish in comparison, the only problem could be the lens production. The Jupiter Camos got released in spurts because they couldn't make the +Red fast enough from what I remember.

At the end of the day we can only go on what Oakley say, and as stated above, they tweeted these release dates so I'm just passing that information on for those that are interested.

The only releases I know of that became a disaster in the 'when will they ever release' stakes were the Goldbrooks and Chrome Flak Jackets, both of which have an FMJ finish. The Frogksins have quite a simple finish in comparison, the only problem could be the lens production. The Jupiter Camos got released in spurts because they couldn't make the +Red fast enough from what I remember.

At the end of the day we can only go on what Oakley say, and as stated above, they tweeted these release dates so I'm just passing that information on for those that are interested.

No worries. Just saying that, to me, they haven't been consistent with the info they release to the public or the story changes a couple times. Thanks for sharing the info!

thats a shame i was actually really looking forward to seeing them for spring break. I guess they will be a new summer pair along with some other frogs

Back