1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. amh

amh Oakley Beginner

Hey guys,

New here and just bought my first X-Metal, a pair of Juliets. Live in Sweden and you rarely see them here so when these popped up on a local buy & sell site I thought why not, always wanted a pair...

The guy didn't know much about them, just that it was polarized Juliets, said he bought them of some dude when on a mission to Afghanistan.

Seems to be in fairly good condition except a lose nose-bridge on one side, flexes from it's own weight, almost metal against metal. Then there's some paint missing at one of the hinges.

Here's some (prolly to many) photos:

Just Bought A Pair Of Juliets. Good Deal? And Need Help Identify Frame/lenses - front_zps7b900c47.jpg
    Just Bought A Pair Of Juliets. Good Deal? And Need Help Identify Frame/lenses - front-left_zps9c557de2.jpg
    Just Bought A Pair Of Juliets. Good Deal? And Need Help Identify Frame/lenses - front-right_zps0b90c6eb.jpg
    Just Bought A Pair Of Juliets. Good Deal? And Need Help Identify Frame/lenses - inner-right_zps5c393d14.jpg
    Just Bought A Pair Of Juliets. Good Deal? And Need Help Identify Frame/lenses - inner-left_zpsf871a8be.jpg

And here's some of the lose nosebridge:

Just Bought A Pair Of Juliets. Good Deal? And Need Help Identify Frame/lenses - nosebridge-inside_zps5331cc14.jpg
    Just Bought A Pair Of Juliets. Good Deal? And Need Help Identify Frame/lenses - nosebridge-front_zpsd72b484a.jpg

And the missing paint:

Just Bought A Pair Of Juliets. Good Deal? And Need Help Identify Frame/lenses - left-hinge_zpsbe7715fe.jpg

So, some questions as the Oakley and X-Metal newbie I am:
    • The guy didn't wanna go any lower then $140, glasses only no box or coin or anything, was that a OK deal for these?
    • What frame/lenses combo is this?
    • No serial number, read somewhere that they stopped putting serials on Juliets 2004 (?) so what generation are these?
    • And is there any way to see if they lenses are polarized as the guy said, should all polarized Juliet lenses have the text on them?

...and yeah, I ******* love them already! :D Although I think a pair of XX would fit me better unless they are much wider then the Juliets!? ...probably need to get myself a pair of those anyway! :)

Thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. headpatrolman

headpatrolman O Addict

Carbon / Blk Iridium. Not polarized unless they are aftermarket replacement lenses.

3. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

I would say you got a good deal :D

4. Oakley-olic

Oakley-olic Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Nice deal! If they are Oakley Juliet polarized they would be etched on the left lens. If not they are after market or custom cut. To check polarization hold them up to an LCD screen and rotate, you should see it black out.

5. amh

amh Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the replies! :) Good to hear it was a nice deal.

Not polarized, just tried with the LCD thingie!

6. JSauce8921

JSauce8921 Oakley Beginner

Nice!

7. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

good deal for 140... consider sending them to xman if the nosebridge poses a problem for you bro!

8. amh

amh Oakley Beginner

Thanks, yeah, already thinking about doing that.

...although his thread says that he only takes multiple sets for international orders so need to find myself another pair first! :)