1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. s3sunruh

s3sunruh Oakley Collector

...the glorified Jawbone. But I stumbled upon it on Ebay not too long ago. They are the black and silver with the vr28/light gray lenses. The seller bought them from her brother in law who works at a sunglass hut in California, so she got them for relatively cheap. Had the starting price set at 100.00. Snagged them for 115!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. orrb_05

orrb_05 Oakley Beginner

congrats - I just picked-up a pair of the polished white/ghost lettering with the transition vented lenses. My first pair in this style, using for cycling.

3. s3sunruh

Finally arrived!!! The shipping was stupid. I bought them off ebay and the seller didn't understand how essential packing items like this in boxes is essential! There were huge holes in the envelope and the oakley box was crushed... I'm so glad that I bought a pair of glasses that came packed in the hard case.

Just Bought Some Of The New Racing Jackets (updated With Pictures) - tumblr_m857c4qSo41rbptugo1_1280.jpg

This is just one corner. All 4 were torn and looked slightly open.

Just Bought Some Of The New Racing Jackets (updated With Pictures) - tumblr_m857c4qSo41rbptugo2_1280.jpg

She was at least nice enough to using some packing tape on this box... Still crushed

Just Bought Some Of The New Racing Jackets (updated With Pictures) - tumblr_m857c4qSo41rbptugo3_1280.jpg

The goods :wink:

Just Bought Some Of The New Racing Jackets (updated With Pictures) - tumblr_m857c4qSo41rbptugo4_1280.jpg

Just a jawbone :tongue:

4. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Such a great frame!

5. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

Today I received a pair from the UK.
    Plastic bag -> air cushion foil -> microbag -> sunglasses, but the Oakley Minute survived the insecure trip.
    As an owner of two Split Jackets I can tell you, that you will have a lot of fun with your new Racing Jacket. The lens changing system is great.

6. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Are the new icons the same as the Jawbone?

7. s3sunruh

They are slightly larger. So it is so far a very proprietary system with very few colors. Mine came with chrome and gunmetal.

8. s3sunruh

Okay... So i don't have like, jawbones to try this on, but are the lenses totally interchangeable between the models? it looks to me honestly like the entire front piece is just a jawbone and the only difference is the earstems and the fact that all of the glasses come with vented lenses. I love the vr28 blue... but I am definitely thinking this pair would look pretty sick in a different lens color.

9. bmarmes

bmarmes Oakley Beginner

Nice grab now you just need some new icons

10. greenjersey

greenjersey Guest

pretty much