• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just Bought Some Of The New Racing Jackets (updated With Pictures)

s3sunruh

Oakley Expert
Casper WY
...the glorified Jawbone. But I stumbled upon it on Ebay not too long ago. They are the black and silver with the vr28/light gray lenses. The seller bought them from her brother in law who works at a sunglass hut in California, so she got them for relatively cheap. Had the starting price set at 100.00. Snagged them for 115!

congrats - I just picked-up a pair of the polished white/ghost lettering with the transition vented lenses. My first pair in this style, using for cycling.

Finally arrived!!! The shipping was stupid. I bought them off ebay and the seller didn't understand how essential packing items like this in boxes is essential! There were huge holes in the envelope and the oakley box was crushed... I'm so glad that I bought a pair of glasses that came packed in the hard case.

tumblr_m857c4qSo41rbptugo1_1280.jpg

This is just one corner. All 4 were torn and looked slightly open.

tumblr_m857c4qSo41rbptugo2_1280.jpg

She was at least nice enough to using some packing tape on this box... Still crushed

tumblr_m857c4qSo41rbptugo3_1280.jpg

The goods :wink:

tumblr_m857c4qSo41rbptugo4_1280.jpg

Just a jawbone :tongue:

Finally arrived!!! The shipping was stupid. I bought them off ebay and the seller didn't understand how essential packing items like this in boxes is essential!

Today I received a pair from the UK.
Plastic bag -> air cushion foil -> microbag -> sunglasses, but the Oakley Minute survived the insecure trip.
As an owner of two Split Jackets I can tell you, that you will have a lot of fun with your new Racing Jacket. The lens changing system is great.

Okay... So i don't have like, jawbones to try this on, but are the lenses totally interchangeable between the models? it looks to me honestly like the entire front piece is just a jawbone and the only difference is the earstems and the fact that all of the glasses come with vented lenses. I love the vr28 blue... but I am definitely thinking this pair would look pretty sick in a different lens color.

Back