• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just Few New Additons

doowutchyalike

I should Work at Oakley
NC
I don't usually post pic of my new purchases but one in particular I'm fair proud of, the improved Ducati Pit Boss with OO +Red polarized! I have to admit I trimmed the lenses myself and wasn't as careful as I should have been with the first lens (the left) but the right one came out perfect!
DucatiPitBossRed4.jpg

DucatiPitBossRed2.jpg

DucatiPitBossRed3.jpg

Zero S Crystal Black, didn't think I would like these but they actually fit and feel great, super lightweight
ZeroSCrystalBlk_blkiridium.jpg

Custom Half X Carbon with Ice iridium polarized
HalfXCarbonIcepolarized.jpg

Nice additions! What donor lens did you use for the customized PB's? Split Jackets?
Thanks guys! Yep,those are split jacket lenses, I could really kick myself for not taking my time though, you only need to trim a very little from the bottom of the lens. On the first one I trimmed a little more on the side closest to the nose and there is a tiny gap there, I'm too much of a perfectionist so it bothers me! not too mention, I thought I was close to being done, so I used my file to take just a hair more off and what do you know, I slipped just a tad and put a freakin scratch on it!!

Thanks guys! Yep,those are split jacket lenses, I could really kick myself for not taking my time though, you only need to trim a very little from the bottom of the lens. On the first one I trimmed a little more on the side closest to the nose and there is a tiny gap there, I'm too much of a perfectionist so it bothers me! not too mention, I thought I was close to being done, so I used my file to take just a hair more off and what do you know, I slipped just a tad and put a freakin scratch on it!!
:doh::faint2: That sounds like something i would do...take to much off and pull what little hairs are on my head out lol than obsess over the gap and a scratch...

hopefully you find a new set of lenses laying around.

Nice! I'm anal too, so I know how you feel. Just knowing the flaw is there is toture, even if it's not obviously visible. They still look freakin sweet though! I wouldn't have known if you didn't say anything :redface:.

:doh::faint2: That sounds like something i would do...take to much off and pull what little hairs are on my head out lol than obsess over the gap and a scratch...

hopefully you find a new set of lenses laying around.

yosh, weren't you one of the first to try the swap in of the SJ lenses into the PB's? Do you still have them in there? My PB's should be in the mail today, and I'm already trying to decide which SJ's lens to put in them :dance3:.

Yeah, just knowing it is there bugs me, but I won't be wearing them, they're just too big for me, so I'll just admire them in the display case! Ulua, just remember, when you trim or file to fit, just do a little bit on the bottom. This is what I did, seemed to work for me, but you do what you feel comfortable. I placed the original lens on top, made sure the top is flush, then I took a razor blade and lightly traced the bottom edge so you could see the mark on the lens you're going to cut, then started filing. I'm not brave enough to put the Dremel to it, just make sure to put some masking tape over the lens while you're cutting!

Yeah, just knowing it is there bugs me, but I won't be wearing them, they're just too big for me, so I'll just admire them in the display case! Ulua, just remember, when you trim or file to fit, just do a little bit on the bottom. This is what I did, seemed to work for me, but you do what you feel comfortable. I placed the original lens on top, made sure the top is flush, then I took a razor blade and lightly traced the bottom edge so you could see the mark on the lens you're going to cut, then started filing. I'm not brave enough to put the Dremel to it, just make sure to put some masking tape over the lens while you're cutting!

Thanks doo! You read my mind...I was going to ask you how you went about trimming the lenses to fit. Do I need to use a file, or will sandpaper (in stages) work just as well? I have the blue masking tape (automotive type), and plan on using that. Thanks for the advice!

I just picked up my PB's in the mail, they're sick (thanks to Robert)! I'm on eBay right now, scouting for lenses, LOL!