• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just For Curiousity...bragging Rights Are Accepted.

hereispunishment

I should Work at Oakley
Big ol Texas
I've been on here a while and I'm very curious to see which of you follow xmetal heads has the lowest First Generation X-Metal Ruby Juliets X****** serial number. Please show proof with a pic.

Here you go bro, Both of My X-Serial 1st Gen X-Metal J's
2j3gzgk.jpg

X000787 is my lowest. I nabbed em for 220$ a few years ago off the bay. Interestingly enuf they were unopened from the box and when I opened them the lenses werent as purple as all the other first gens ive seen. They were almost old "fireish" like the first gens.
y9ededa4.jpg

I sold a brand new unopened pair of those several months ago.....what a bonehead move on my part,i will trade a bnib pair of plasma/ice polarized for a mint pair of these

I sold a brand new unopened pair of those several months ago.....what a bonehead move on my part,i will trade a bnib pair of plasma/ice polarized for a mint pair of these
:taunt: The first pair I've ever owned and sold were numbered X000206. This was before I new how valuable they were. :headbang:DAMMIT!!

X000787 is my lowest. I nabbed em for 220$ a few years ago off the bay. Interestingly enuf they were unopened from the box and when I opened
them the lenses werent as purple as all the other first gens ive seen. They were almost old "fireish" like the first gens.
y9ededa4.jpg
Dang that's low... look like your in the lead so far!

Hehe thx, but in reality there is really no evidence to support these serial numbers went on in order. What I mean to say is that if I had a factory you would simply have different areas for making the different parts an assemble them at the end for efficiency. So when the left arms were made, they were probably serial numbered then and there, shipped to assembly, and the rest put together in no real order. I wish these were a part of the first thousand made, but I highly doubt it. Thoughts?

Hehe thx, but in reality there is really no evidence to support these serial numbers went on in order. What I mean to say is that if I had a factory you would simply have different areas for making the different parts an assemble them at the end for efficiency. So when the left arms were made, they were probably serial numbered then and there, shipped to assembly, and the rest put together in no real order. I wish these were a part of the first thousand made, but I highly doubt it. Thoughts?
Yeah i see what your saying and you could be right, but as a collector the closer you are to "1" the more collectable the piece is. See what I mean.

Latest Posts

Back