• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just got a double wide

SiRacer420

BWPMF
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
NOLA
I already have a single wide aluminum tower and a single and double 3.0 and several counter tops and cubes and medicine cabinets, but this is my first double wide aluminum tower.

I saw it a while back, the guy was selling a crap ton of Spawn action figures and was including the tower. He wanted $200 for it all. I was trying to figure out how to get it when someone here, can't remember who, mentioned uShip. I googled it and found out it was exactly what I needed. I contacted the guy to see if it was still available and it was. So I put up an ad on uShip and got a response the next day. $125 to deliver the tower from just north of Atlanta to New Orleans. I booked that ****! The driver picked it up a few days ago and delivered it today. He had it wrapped in blankets strapped in the back of a uhaul.

While I was unloading it, my wife was making room for it in the office. I hadn't talked to her about where it was going, she told me a while back no more in the house, so I assumed it would stay in the garage for a while. She said she had a perfect spot for it in the office so problem solved! It's not perfect, needs locks, but I cleaned it up and there are no major scratches and no dents. I was surprised to find it had the light kit in it so that's a bonus, I just need to get 6 nuts and bolts to put on the starburst plate inside it. All the shelves are good too.

So, for $325 I got about 50 Spawn action figures and the double wide tower. Those action figures will go on ebay and should cover the entire cost making the tower free. Needless to say I'm pretty stoked. If anyone is looking at towers but are too far away, uShip is the way to go.

Here it is with my quality controller giving it a once over.

IMG_2768.JPG

One word. BADASS. Or is that two? Maybe. Probably one. I can't decide. :party:

Sent from a place where indecisiveness is actually a good thing while trying to figure out what drink to have

Good deal, and the case looks great @SiRacer420 ! If it is not top secret info I'm curious how you stumbled across a deal like this far away from your area. I check the local craigslist here constantly but have never seen a display case pop up. The ones I find on eBay are generally overpriced.

Very cool! Great story about the find, too. I don't think I would have remembered the Uship thing...and would have lost out if I had seen it. Looks like it will pass inspection too! ;)

Good deal, and the case looks great @SiRacer420 ! If it is not top secret info I'm curious how you stumbled across a deal like this far away from your area. I check the local craigslist here constantly but have never seen a display case pop up. The ones I find on eBay are generally overpriced.
I just check all the for sale sites daily. Well maybe hourly. Gotta be fast!

Very cool! Great story about the find, too. I don't think I would have remembered the Uship thing...and would have lost out if I had seen it. Looks like it will pass inspection too! ;)

She definitely approves. She will be pissed when I put the new locks in. I keep a pair on the bottom shelf of a single wide that has no lock just for her to plunder.

Congrats on an awesome deal, the double wide is one of my favorites, I need to find the triple wide to complete the set, good luck selling the spawn figures, I had the original set when they first came out, now they are not worth crap Lol!

Luckily I don't need to get much for them a piece. Even if I get close, still a good deal.

With parents that have wanted a granddaughter for about 15 years, the kid costs surprisingly less than you'd imagine.

Back