• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just Got A Good Deal On Fast Jackets

JacketFan

Oakley Beginner
Silver with blue and jade iridium, off eBay. So excited for these. I'd rather have team blue but not for like $200 extra. Nothing sweeter than Oakleys that you get on clearance. as much fun as walking into a store and just outright buying a new fair is, money is better. Does anyone wear these casually or just sports? Has anyone felt long term (long length of wearing in one outing) pains like behind your ears?

I just snagged the last one off the Vault web site. That was a sweet deal @ $150, and even better since they come with two sweet sets of lenses (vs the usual one great lens, and one boring one I probably would never use).

I wear sport frames casually all the time, and haven't excperienced and discomfort. However, it all depends on head size; so your experience may vary.

I find it weird they sell lens combos based on frame color or vice versa. Is it a "this will be the most popular color so we can sell it with the cheap clear lens so they buy an extra lens" or are they trying to create an identity per frame color like the golf set color

I have been wearing a pair of fast jackets for about 8-9 months now (black with BIP). I guess I wear them for everyday stuff as well as sports. I did also notice they had a slight "pinch" behind the ears when I first got them, but they loosened up now and they fit comfortably. I really like my fast jackets, the XL lens fit my face nicely and the frame is more comfortable than the flak jacket in my opinion. However the flak and half jackets are still noticeably lighter than the fast jacket as well, so it just depends upon what you want in a frame.

I like my flat jackets but they're so small and the lenses are a good 1" out from my cheeks

Got them today, happy with them.

Did Fast Jackets ever have a hydrophobic coating? I got mine today and the water falls off immediately like my other hphobic glasses.

The blue iridium looks nice through them. The jade iridium are a neutral dark which is nice for sunny days.

Good to see that you got yours JacketFan! I got jacked on my order. They sent me a Silver frame with XL lenses, and I got a set of Blue lenses, and a set of Persimmon. I hate it when they pull a MPH on me. Oh well, returning them to my Vault today.

Good to see that you got yours JacketFan! I got jacked on my order. They sent me a Silver frame with XL lenses, and I got a set of Blue lenses, and a set of Persimmon. I hate it when they pull a MPH on me. Oh well, returning them to my Vault today.
Hold on a sec...
In another thread, JacketFan mentioned he was looking to pick up a set of Persimmon lenses for his Fasts. Why don't you just sell him yours and then pick up a set of Jade Iridiums on your own...they're readily available as replacements lenses for the Fast Jackets. That might save you the hassle of having to return them to Oakley (assuming you are satisfied with them otherwise).
Just trying to help out.

Hold on a sec...
In another thread, JacketFan mentioned he was looking to pick up a set of Persimmon lenses for his Fasts. Why don't you just sell him yours and then pick up a set of Jade Iridiums on your own...they're readily available as replacements lenses for the Fast Jackets. That might save you the hassle of having to return them to Oakley (assuming you are satisfied with them otherwise).
Just trying to help out.
There is a difference in value between the jade and the persimmon lens though, and he will be abit shortchanged..

Latest Posts

Back