• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just Got Juliets Tuned Up

v2kjokerz

Oakley Expert
SoCal
I went to HQ today to get my Juliets tuned up and when the guy handed me my Juliets back, they didn't feel really tight like my still unused Juliet, since it's my 1st time getting a tune up, I am not sure if that is normal. I asked the guy that handed me back my stuff and he said that it was tuned up. so do I need to call and complain or it's normal.

I was waiting for Carlos or Bret so I can show them but I ran out of time and had to go :sad:

Thanks for any info.

it does vary abit, but you shouldnt be expecting rock hard flex couplers.. it still moves

ok cool, thats how my xmetal juliets are that I just got from my store last week, and I was compairing them and it wasnt as stiff thats why I was wondering. Thanks Brip, I feel better now.

Yea sorry I was late. It would have been cool to meet up. Stupid traffic.
They will never be as stiff as they are brand new. You can only tune them up a few times before you can't do it anymore.
Just so they do not droop while you hold one ear stem you should be fine.

Yea sorry I was late. It would have been cool to meet up. Stupid traffic.
They will never be as stiff as they are brand new. You can only tune them up a few times before you can't do it anymore.
Just so they do not droop while you hold one ear stem you should be fine.

yea np bro, maybe next time when Carlos can make it too.

When i got mine tuned up, i asked the rep the same question. He said it's due to the nose bridge rivet holes wearing out. The more you move them up and down or get them tuned up, the holes will get bigger and looser. There's only so much you can do before they'll just flop around. From what i understand, the amount of flex is more about the rivets than the actual rubber inside the nose bridge.

When i got mine tuned up, i asked the rep the same question. He said it's due to the nose bridge rivet holes wearing out. The more you move them up and down or get them tuned up, the holes will get bigger and looser. There's only so much you can do before they'll just flop around. From what i understand, the amount of flex is more about the rivets than the actual rubber inside the nose bridge.

THAT'S interesting. I hadn't heard of this before; which means we're all living on borrowed time. I still think decades down the line when the frames are out of production and rare that these "untunable" flex couplers will just be fused by people. I would-I don't need the flex...I could find the point that provides the best fit and fuse the nosebridge at that point.

That's the same exact thing what the tech told me!

THAT'S interesting. I hadn't heard of this before; which means we're all living on borrowed time. I still think decades down the line when the frames are out of production and rare that these "untunable" flex couplers will just be fused by people. I would-I don't need the flex...I could find the point that provides the best fit and fuse the nosebridge at that point.

He also told me he could pop in a new nose bridge to make it tighter. I'm not sure if that's included in the price of the tuneup, but my guess is that it does. I had brought my X Metal XX to get tuned up and when he brought them back out, it wasn't much tighter. When i asked, that's when he gave me the explanation and then brought out a 24k nosebridge and said he could pop that one on and it'll be tight. I declined as i wanted to keep my XX's factory spec. I also asked if i could keep the 24k bridge in case i ever needed it in the future and he let me take it for free :smile:

Back