1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Drake24

Drake24 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Been scouring ebay all weekend and picked up my first pair of X-Metals.

Just Joined The Club-XX TI02 -advice And Recommendations Appreciated - 39f9.jpg

Just Joined The Club-XX TI02 -advice And Recommendations Appreciated - klec.jpg

Just Joined The Club-XX TI02 -advice And Recommendations Appreciated - 8kjj.jpg

Description from Auction:

Very rare Oakley XX X-Metal sunglasses with black iridium lenses. These were bought new in 2001. They were send to Oakley in the summer of 2012 to have all of the rubber replaced, and the lenses replaced. They have not been worn since then. All of the articulation points are tight, and nose pads and ear socks are also new. There is a minuscule scratch on the left lens, but it does not interfere with vision at all. This happened in shipping back from Oakley. Please contact me with any questions.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. emjaycee23

emjaycee23 Vocare Ad Regnum

been watching that item on ebay, glad a fellow forumer got it..nice score, price seems fair on the condition.

3. Brett28

Brett28 Here's my money, thanks

Sweet pick up bro, that's one of my top favorite metals!

atrain likes this.
  4. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

What advice were you seeking?
    Great pair but post probably should have gone in the "purchases" subforum.
    You started at the bottom now you're here, Welcome!

5. Drake24

care and maintenance; issues to look out for; upgrades, etc. I will be wearing em. Giving that they were just tuned up last summer, will I be good for a while? Thanks!

6. Oakley-olic

Oakley-olic Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Maybe think about getting a set of spare lenses while you can still get them. Congrats on a nice pair and :welcome: to the forum.

7. Drake24

Thanks. Ordered the Gold lenses from Ebay and the ruby red customs from ebay.

8. Thomas

Thomas Oakley Beginner

did you read the Forum which lenses are good? Which one did you order? Wavella?

9. Drake24

Just got these. How loose should the nose bridge be? I can wiggle both sides of the lenses with a lot of movement. Thanks.

10. rmontez

rmontez Oakley Expert Premium Member

If they move as much as you described they need to be tuned up. I know the ad says all rubber replaced but they would have tuned them up at that time but that doesn't sound tuned up to me.