• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just Joined The Club-XX TI02 -advice And Recommendations Appreciated

Drake24

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Been scouring ebay all weekend and picked up my first pair of X-Metals.

39f9.jpg

klec.jpg

8kjj.jpg

Description from Auction:

Very rare Oakley XX X-Metal sunglasses with black iridium lenses. These were bought new in 2001. They were send to Oakley in the summer of 2012 to have all of the rubber replaced, and the lenses replaced. They have not been worn since then. All of the articulation points are tight, and nose pads and ear socks are also new. There is a minuscule scratch on the left lens, but it does not interfere with vision at all. This happened in shipping back from Oakley. Please contact me with any questions.

What advice were you seeking?
Great pair but post probably should have gone in the "purchases" subforum.
You started at the bottom now you're here, Welcome!

care and maintenance; issues to look out for; upgrades, etc. I will be wearing em. Giving that they were just tuned up last summer, will I be good for a while? Thanks!

Maybe think about getting a set of spare lenses while you can still get them. Congrats on a nice pair and :welcome: to the forum.

Thanks. Ordered the Gold lenses from Ebay and the ruby red customs from ebay.

Just got these. How loose should the nose bridge be? I can wiggle both sides of the lenses with a lot of movement. Thanks.

If they move as much as you described they need to be tuned up. I know the ad says all rubber replaced but they would have tuned them up at that time but that doesn't sound tuned up to me.