• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just Lucky?

fretburner79

O-Educator
So just over a month ago I found a pair of ducati juliets on craigslist. The guy wanted $150, I offered $120 and walked away with them. The lenses were a wreck, no rubbers on the stems, and nose bridge was shot. However, he had the coin and the box/paperwork was flawless.

I sent them into Oakley warranty through my local dealer to have them tightened (before I joined the forum and heard of XMan) and have new socks and lenses put on. They informed me that neither the red socks or the ducati lenses were available and had been long gone so decided on ruby with black socks.

Today I got a call that they were in. When I opened the package there they were, but had brand new ducati lenses with red rubbers! I couldn't believe it. To make it even better, Oakley only charged me for shipping, which ended up being $30. No charge for lenses or rubbers.

Is this common for Oakley warranty? It's the first pair I've ever had to send in.
u6atyqa7.jpg

They will catch up with you for the lenses and rubbers. They did that to me too. Not quite sure how that happens, but, it does.

Sometimes they apparently have a few last things kicking around in the "warranty stock" lucky you got the Ducati stuff from the warranty stock, I bet!

must depend on the tech. I have had them replace lenses for free and I have had them charge me for them as well. You got a good score, congrats.

My rep has always told me that Oakley prides itself on its customer service. They really aspire to keep an individual that already loves Oakley (especially anyone with Elite styles) always wearing Oakley forever. You just can't beat great customer service. That's very good to hear, congratulations!

Back