1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

I couldn't pass these by...... After I received them I looked them over carefully. Everything is consistent with the original minute, color, "minute rear nosebridge raised logo" Oakley printing on front of nosebridge, earsocks, etc........ This frame is mint, I removed the lenses due to some scratches that were really noticable. Now I know that some frames have evolved from first runs or manufacturing, but notice how the icons on the side of the frame resemble the juliet "engine intake look" The lenses I removed are definately consistent with being authentic. I had mentioned in a post that I once had a first run half jacket, which had thumbprint style icons in the earstems with earsocks that went to the end of the earstem and covered it completely.....

Chime in if you have seen this minute frame before as I have not, but the key parts about it show authenticity.....Nothing in OR that shows this style...

If anyone has Minute 1.0 lenses they want to unload, that would look nice in this frame PM me......

Just Obtained A Vintage Minute Possibly First Run Frame..... - img0513xz.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

you're not wrong, i read that in that era there was a phase when the Jet intakes were on everything, before they switched back to the regular icons. This is very well a piece of history! good pickup!

3. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

They look MINT

4. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Update...... I would like to send out a big THANKS to Batwolf who while on safari in timbuktu (LOL) found me a pair of black iridium minute lenses for these mint vintage minutes. I had originally bought these for the wife, but the original lenses had some irritating scratches on them. As luck would have it, now they are part of the collection and I couldn't be more happy. As for the wife I had to buy her 2 pairs of Flaunts to make up for it!!!!!

Just Obtained A Vintage Minute Possibly First Run Frame..... - img0544jq.jpg

Attached Files:

5. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

I'm glad I could help you out. :)

The glasses look great!

6. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

They look great. I love the older frames in Brown Tortoise.

7. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

beaut'

8. DPN

DPN Oakley Beginner

very nice find