• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just picked up another pair of Frogskins - Questions

20150222_182749.jpg
20150222_182833.jpg
hopefully this settles it

Thanks for the input.
I think I'll pop out the lenses tonight and see what I see.

@Romeo Van Frogskinstein if you could chime in on this it would be much appreciated.

The question about authenticity is based around this one picture showing a White City left eye versus a Dalmation right eye, rather than more pictures to make other comparisons, however, given this image I would have these thoughts. Changed lenses will not disrupt an orbital to the extent shown by the White City pair, I would even 'question' whether lenses could have any altering effect anyway. That aside, the curvature around the base as well as the height are not consistent with an authentic gen 3 Frogskin, additionally, although I do not have knowledge of the print pattern on all 234 pairs of White City, I am aware at least several share the same print and this does not match the pair here.
OGfrog, that you suggest I will say the pair is fake seems to underlie that perhaps you yourself believe the pair may be a fake. So far no one is questioning the Dalmation pair, as if that pair is exuding itself to be real and thus commands no question, whilst the other, probably without the adjacent frame, would create doubt in any connoisseur of this model.
Both of these Frogskins are 3rd generation, so the difference between generations does not arise.

Last edited:
Rvf, I assumed you would say fake as you have said the same thing about the lens issue before.

Back