1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. Sal Salgado

Sal Salgado Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Hello just found a x-metal single case, it seem to have long storage stain. I haven't try snitching yet as I don't want to make it worst.

Any advice on how to get rid off the stain?

Thanks

Attached Files:

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

@kronin323 posted in a thread a while back about how some polishes worked.

You have two choices. Search bar or wait and see if Kronin chimes in with the answer. :)

3. Sal Salgado

Thanks

4. Medusa50

Medusa50 Oakley Expert

Here's some of the best results I have had. Prep sol solvent from DuPont is a good cleaner degreaser. It is used for cleaning surfaces prior to paint in auto body applications. If you need something stronger try lacquer thinner. It's aluminum I assume so you can't hurt it. This is great for glue or other residue. The next step would be to polish the stain out using 000 steel wool. This is superfine and I have used this on glass and chrome with no scratching. You can also sand the stain out with a DA Dual action sander. Don't use anything more than 200 grit. When you have removed the stain you can then buff the surface with the 000 steel wool or even polish it to a mirror like finish using Mothers Aluminum polish. Here's some really bad scratches I removed with these methods. Judge for yourself Just score my first case, need help removing stains - image.jpg Just score my first case, need help removing stains - image.jpg

5. Medusa50

Medusa50 Oakley Expert

Here's another picture of the side of the cabinet after I restored it. Just score my first case, need help removing stains - image.jpg

Arjay Cando, Brettc10 and Nortika like this.
  6. Sal Salgado

Thanks, I will try the pre sol solvent

7. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

8. Sal Salgado

9. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

very nice good job on restoring them.