• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just To Clear My Name....

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakface

Oakley Expert
HOUSE, ASIA
first off, i understand that this thread may go against the rules, but my name was slandered by cool_ibiza and i would just like to explain things on why i did the unauthorized claim (which was denied).

we had a transaction wherein he asked me to pm him re: my thread for a xx plasma ice. he claimed he had a mint pair with box. after negotiation, just before payment, he suddenly mentioned that there was no box. i still wanted the item so asked for an soft x metal vault instead. he agreed and the deal was done. i asked multiple times on whether the unit was mint and he kept confirming that yes, they are mint. after waiting awhile (posting takes a while in the philippines) i got the stuff, only to find out that the right lens had multiple tiny scratches which affect vision, along with fake oakley pouch and fake non x metal soft vault. please see pics.

i do not understand but i paid the paypal fees, although i paid it as personal payment. i thought that paying the fees can protect you. apparently not. my payment cannot resolved through paypal. and pms to the seller (i asked for a partial refund, which i was skeptical that we would refund because he did lie about authenticity of pouch and vault and condition of oaks, although he said "later in the week"). he also insisted that the pouch and vault were authentic. i had NO CHOICE but to do what i did.

mind you, i immediately emailed oakleyboss to explain things and told him what i did. i also told him that if ever i do get the money back, i will pay the seller again but for the proper amount that i think (based on the condition of the unit and based on thread comments). but i never had the chance when seller posted against me.

i am an honest buyer. i will not lose credibility for just some sunglasses. but what i hate are people who take advantage of others the way cool_ibiza did. first off, it was him who asked me to pm him about my wtb thread. i already was judged by another seller when i inquired about his items. eff him.

i just do not want to lose being a part of this great community. as well as lose any credibility in this community of any other.

if others think that what i did was still wrong, please keep it to yourself. i am not here to make enemies, just to clear my name. i still do hope i can do future deals with this community.

mods, please do not close this thread for a certain time. i really need this because there is no other way to explain things....hoping for your consideration...
IMG_8124.jpg
IMG_8125.jpg
IMG_8126.jpg
IMG_8129.jpg
IMG_8130.jpg
IMG_8132.jpg

The glasses are suspicious. I can tell the bag is fake for sure and so is the X-Metal Vault but can't tell about the glasses.

Freakface, I can understand you dilemma and you want to clear your name, however if Oakleyboss decides to re-open the thread then he can. I will lock it for now for this reason. When threads like this start people ask questions and then a flame war on the thread begins. I recently had a very poor transaction with a long standing member, who outright lied to me. It was a lot of $$$ but I wont slander him publicly. He knows who he is....... So Thread will be locked, I will PM boss to have him review it. Just based on the fake stuff sent to you there is more to this....

Here's a picture of your bag compared to mine that I just snapped a pic of.

IMG_8129.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Per Oakleyboss via PM the thread will remain locked..... Freakface will be PM'd by boss for additional info......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back