• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just To Share: Avoided A Potential Scam

Strange why they didn't do it when I was in dispute with the person I sold an item to. Paypal kept emailing me & asking me to pay them the money they had given back to the buyer. I argued with them, spoke to them on the phone & was able to prove that what I was saying was correct. I had all the communication in email & eventually they agreed I owed them nothing. I'm sorry qtrain but what you say isn't quite true. They cannot take money from your bank account without your permission.

I think they can. I have a buyer now who is sending an item back to me and PayPal have taken the money from me already even though the item hasn't been returned yet. According to PayPal the amount is 'On Hold' from my account.

Oakley_Sight said:
Strange why they didn't do it when I was in dispute with the person I sold an item to. Paypal kept emailing me & asking me to pay them the money they had given back to the buyer. I argued with them, spoke to them on the phone & was able to prove that what I was saying was correct. I had all the communication in email & eventually they agreed I owed them nothing. I'm sorry qtrain but what you say isn't quite true. They cannot take money from your bank account without your permission.

Oooohhhh them surely can Sir, when you got no funds in your PayPal account but linked your bank to it they withdraw the money for your bank and if such funds are Insufficient your account will reflect a wonderful overdraft and it's subsequent fee

Back