• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just Won Romeo 2. Not Sure What Wife Will Say.

Need some more help with this item. Something just doesn't seem right. I asked about the coin and was told it never came with one. I then asked about the model number printed on the frame and here is what was said.

" Hey..I totally understand your concern! I inherited a family member's inventory through a unfortunate loss...so where I knew a lot of info about the product..I didn't know all of the details and how they were accumulated. I've been working directly with a Oakley to confirm authenticity, etc. prior to selling any of the product. The Romeo 2 X did not have the model number on them and did not carry a serial number...only certain models had serial numbers and not all frames have the model number on them. For the serial numbers, there is a list somewhere I have seen (I think on the Oakley review website) which lists the glasses that carry a serial number.. The model number on the box is 04-137. I have since found that these were from a sample sale before the model was even released which is the reason they did not come with the coin, but that is the only difference.

I completely understand your concerns and will do whatever I can to make sure you are happy..even if you changed your mind!"

Could this be correct?

From what the seller is saying, model 04-137 is the carbon w/black iridium colorway, and this model didn't carry a serial number (2004 - present = no serials). If it is a sample pair, you may want to ask if the stem(s) have the word "sample" printed on them. It sounds like seller has done his homework for the most part, but then again it's not hard to search the internet for information on these. Check here for more details and model references...The Oakley Review - Glasses.

If you paid through PP, you should be safe. If for whatever reason the R2's turn out to be fakes, you are covered by PP and can claim a refund. Good luck brah!

I understand about no serial but what about the model number? That should be on the frame correct? He is getting the number off the box

The R2 has not markings on it. If you bought from eBay seller funj, I did too and they are legit. No coin, but glasses were new and box was perfect. I wouldn't worry if it's the same seller. Like the other person said, you do have eBay and PayPal buyer protection if something is wrong.

I just purchased a pair of Pennys from this seller and they are legit. I got the Polished with Black iridium and they were brand new with serial number. Mine did not come with the box or coin either, but I know they are real. Good product!

Latest Posts

Back