1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

Some of you may remember this thread: http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-sunglasses-exchange/3822-karma.html

Tonight, it came around in a good way. A member gave me a heads up on a good deal on some X-squared he knew I was after. I thanked him for the info and mentioned that I was probably going to have to pass due to finances. He proceeded to buy the glasses for me. Yeah you read that correctly. He asked me for my address and 10 minutes later, they were on their way to my house. Now, I'm paying him back, every cent... but the point is hard to miss. Another member, basically a stranger, put up a couple of hundred dollars for someone he barely knows. I won't mention his name because I don't want to put him out there but I figured everyone on this board should know the generosity I experienced tonight.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The Crawling Chaos Premium Member

That is awesome.

3. qBan

qBan The Hijinxer

well that is a very very nice thing to do. good things happen to good people

4. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

That's the beauty of this forum---------FRIENDS from strangers.

5. Mickle

Mickle Oakley Beginner

Agreed! So many nice regulars here, most of which I will never get to personally meet. But the kindness and generosity here is amazing. Should be "oakleyfamily, not oakleyforum! :smile:

Want my opinion Hearno..... Pay it forward buddy, pay it forward!! :cool:

6. hollygrove

hollygrove Oakley Beginner

That's awesome, there is some genuinely good people in this world.....most of them are on this forum it would seem.lol. Congrats on the pickup and huge respect to whichever kindly fellow made it possible.

7. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

Wow. See there still are good people out in this modern world. Just most of us are on here :laugh: but very nice of who ever that member is.

8. echav23

echav23 Oakley Enthusiast

Very Cool!!

9. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

PRETTY COOL!!

i love our community . . . :thumb:

10. Eckstream1

Eckstream1 Addicted to O

Glad to see there are still good generous people out there... I was starting to lose hope!

I myself have had a generous donor... Nothing in the hundreds of dollars but for someone to give something away for free is amazing these days.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for some way to "pay it forward"! :smile: