• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Keep An Eye Out Tomorrow...

I'm lost to why the earstems have that specific detailing and big circle when they seemingly serve as nothing. Can anyone snag a clear pic of the opposite side? I literally only find his right side. Can't really make sense of a possible switchlock mech. Maybe the whole lower orbital swings down or something. Love the upper orbital section. Has that aggressive cut I wish the Radarlock did.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a way off prototype - unlike the Jawbone when it debuted. Those earstems just don't add up in my mind. I'm not sure if it even has a conventional closure. Not to mooch off o-review but they did spot a patent for a frame dubbed"Jawbreaker" whose publication review was complete on June 27. I'm insanely curious....because sportpair :p

Weird take is I'm also wondering if that big circle around the logo is actually a "C" for Cavendish, but last I checked he's not Shaun White status with O yet.

Last edited:
Well if it was a rush job like the Jawbone in 2008, someone snagged a $10K+ pair of Oakley's today. Now with more screen shots available it looks like a take on a sketch that has been posted either here or O-review in the past. The trademark was initially filled in August of last year, so wonder if the sketch was seen at RED?

I am sure the big circle on on one side servs as a pivot for a switchlock mechanism which takes thewhole lower frame down for lens changing.

Back